New phone gobbles up data!!!
ttocsrednib
Enthusiast - Level 3

My son get s an new 8 plus  and his data usage is out of control.  What options do I need to check?  His old phone did not do that.  They must deliver the phone to use all the data they can?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New phone gobbles up data!!!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you referring to a Samsung galaxy phone or an iPhone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

The answers are on the phone.  What apps is he using data for ?

0 Likes
ttocsrednib
Enthusiast - Level 3

iphone 8 Plus...

Veriz says 49% Video and wierdly enough during the time he is home on wifi.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verify he has the wifi assist off. You should also have him learn to manually shut off the cellular data connection when he is connected to home wifi network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Don’t look at Verizon’s record.   You need to look at the phone.  What apps really used data.  Then go through setting for those apps to restrict data use. My bet is Youtube is running in the background.

And the records youre reading on your MY Verizon Account are not live reporting.  Data reported at night was actually used during the day. 

Think check register: when checks actually are presented against your account then the deduction takes place, not the moment you write the check. 

0 Likes