No and/or slow data after switching to "unlimited"
cluning
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just switched to "unlimited" and now I get unbelievably slow and/or no data at all.  Why would i switch to this plan and pay more for worse service.  Can anyone help?

Labels (1)
Re: No and/or slow data after switching to "unlimited"
rcschnoor
Legend

I assume you signed up for the lowest tier of unlimited data(GoUnlimited) which allows for reprioritization of your data at any time the tower you are using is congested?

There are 3 tiers fo unlimited service, 2 which give you either 22 GB or 75 GB or data before this type of reprioritization is allowed.

Many people have reported that they have no problem with the speed of GoUnlimited during much of the day while only noticing a speed reduction in parts of the day. Of course, not all areas will have the same results as many areas have more congestion than others.

Personally, being a BeyondUnlimited subscriber with a 22 GB data pool before reprioritization is allowed, I have not noticed a difference in data speed since switching from a tiered data plan. I also didn't want to have the possibility of slower data from day one of my billing cycle. Others don't feel the same way and immediately sign up for the lower tier.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

WHICH unlimited plan did you sign up for? I asusme it was Go and I assume you didn't even bother to READ the features of the plan.

Why would someon sign up for a plan and not read the terms of said plan?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

unlimited is one of several plans but no guarantee of fast connect speeds.

the verizon network will generally give 5-12mbps & as you found out, can also be much slower.

0 Likes
Potato2

One of our lines has a similar issue, but it's not getting any data connection.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are dedicated to keeping you connected when you need it! Did this start as soon as you changed your plan? What model is the phone? - YaleK_VZW

0 Likes