Poor Cell Signal
CraigPatterson

The cell signal at my home is poor and I am experiencing dropped calls. I believe we are very close to a cell tower but I am only seeing 1 or two bars on my iphone.  My area code is 31527.  How my signal be improved?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor Cell Signal
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want to see you have issues with your service. When did this first start? Is it mainly indoors or outdoors? 

TabithaJ_VZW

0 Likes
CraigPatterson

It has been bad for the last couple of months. About 1/4 mile down the road I get 4 bars at my house insider or outside I only get 2 bars and it often drops to one.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@CraigPatterson

Thanks for confirming that additional information. Are you aware of any other Verizon users experiencing the same signal issue at this location? Since this problem began, have you tried powering off your device, removing and reinserting your 4G SIM card: http://spr.ly/66061zmyo?

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
CraigPatterson

There are a couple of other Verizon customers on my street who are experienceing the same problem with signal strength.  What would be the purpose of reinserting the SIM card when it showes 4 bars when I move just a 1/4 mile down the road but only 1 or 2 bars on the steet in front of my house?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We’ve completed the preliminary steps, CraigPatterson. It’s time to dive in a bit more. Removing the SIM is a good step since the issue is consistent in one location, but there’s more for us to check out. It will involve us asking for some information that’s not for public view. We’ve sent a Private Note to continue troubleshooting.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
CraigPatterson

I talked with a customer service rep (Shawn?) and shortly after the call I got a bunch of emails.

Is this coming from you?Is this coming from you?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's vital that we get to the bottom of your concern, CraigPatterson. Help is here. We've sent a Private Note to collect further details.  RyanM_VZW

0 Likes