Poor call quality on iPhone 8 plus unresolved
JILMAK99

I bought an iPhone 8 plus Jan. 1, 2018 from the Verizon store in Orem, Utah.  Immediately people would tell me they could not hear me, phone was going in and out, muffled, etc.

1). Went back to Verizon, who told me to go to the Apple Store.

2). Went to the Apple Store.  Told there was nothing wrong with the phone, the warranty covers for two weeks, I had mine three weeks, nothing they could do.

3) Back to the Verizon store.  Tweaked some settings, "sure this would fix the issue"

4). Back again to the verizon store.  Ordered me a new phone, sure that would "fix the issue".

5). Back AGAIN to the the Verizon store.  Now they replaced the sim card.  This will "definitely fix the issue".

6). Back again today to the Verizon store 2/21/18.  "your only option is to pay over $350 to trade the phone in and get a different phone.  This is the only option you have". 

WOW.  Great customer service Verizon, great way to stand behind your products.  i still have a phone I cannot use, which I am paying for!!!!!!  What a racket this is.  I will never buy another thing from Verizon, and I will be switching carriers. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor call quality on iPhone 8 plus unresolved
deloused
Master - Level 3

Do other phones on Verizon work well in the area where you're having trouble with the iPhone 8?

0 Likes
JILMAK99

Yes.  My husband has an iPhone 6, works just fine wherever we are.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

0 Likes
JUDHIR62

I have the same problem. I went to an Apple store they checked it and found nothing wrong. I went to the Verizon store and they found nothing wrong.

I comes and goes and people say it sounds like I am muffled or talking through a tunnel, or can’t hear me at all.

I tried filing a claim and it was Denied

Very frustrating

0 Likes
DERVRI14

Any update on this?  My wife has an iPhone 6 and has no call issues.  I have and iPhone 8 and have all the issues described here.  Had some settings changed on my phone and no luck.  Very frustrating!!  Seems Verizon service in our area is getting worse!

0 Likes
Domino6201

I have the same issue. Mine will intermittently lose service. Apple even gave me a replacement phone and same issue while everyone else in my house who has different phones have no issue

0 Likes