Problem deleting voicemail on iPhone
noctua

When I delete voicemail on my iPhone 8, Deleted messages doesn't appear at the bottom of the list of remaining voicemail in order to delete voicemail permenantly from my iPhone, and voicemail on iPhone is then out of sync with Verizon voicemail. If I dial *86 the deleted messages are still saved in Verizon voicemail. When I delete them in Verizon voicemmail, Deleted messages appears on my iPhone and I can tap Deleted messages and permenantly delete the deleted voicemail permenantly from my iPhone. If I Clear all then Deleted messages disappears as it should, but the problem starts over again.

It started about 10 days ago under iOS 13.1.3 when i opened the Phone app and tapped the voicemail icon and a gray box appeared stating "Visual voicemail is currently unavailble," but visual voicemail was working; voicemail was automatically downloading to my iPhone. i installed the iOS 13.3 update and when the installation completed and I opened the Phone app to view my voicemail, a gray box with the warning that visual voicemail was currently unvailable appeared then immediately disappeared, but the problem I describled above still persists. I contacted Apple iPhone technical support who said there were known problems with visual voicemail that iOS 13.3 was supposed to have fixed, couldn't find anything pertaining to the problem I described, then proceeded to tell me to contact Verizon to trouble shoot the problem. and, of course, I could post the problem on their user forum.

Any help woud be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problem deleting voicemail on iPhone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to use visual voicemail, noctua. if you disable and re-enable visual voice mail, do the deleted messages appear with new messages?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Problem deleting voicemail on iPhone
noctua

How do I disable and re-enable viaual voicemail?

0 Likes