Promised credit on bill not appearing
jrcourt

I called Verizon this past August to see if there were any deals on Iphone 8s. I was told that they had one whereby if I bought one I could pay $350 down and be charged a certain amount per month for 24 months but that I would receive a credit for the same amount as long as I remain a verizon customer. I was even told which verizon store to go to in order to pickup my phone.

The first month went by and I was charged for the phone installment with no credit. I called *611 and asked about this and I was told it takes a couple of months before the credits kick in and the first month they kick in it would be retroactive.

My next month will be the 4th month since I purchased the phone. I called *611 again and suddenly nobody knows anything about this promotion. I've been on hold for almost 2 hours while they research the promotion. I'm about ready to return the phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Promised credit on bill not appearing
mama23dogs
Legend

@jrcourt wrote:

I called Verizon this past August to see if there were any deals on Iphone 8s

There was no 8s   Perhaps you mean 8 plus?

. I was told that they had one whereby if I bought one I could pay $350 down and be charged a certain amount per month for 24 months but that I would receive a credit for the same amount as long as I remain a verizon customer. I was even told which verizon store to go to in order to pickup my phone.

Did you add a new line?  The deals in August were to add a line and get credits making iPhone 7 free of iPhone 8 only 5 to 10 a month.  we also had to be on unlimited data plan  

The first month went by and I was charged for the phone installment with no credit. I called *611 and asked about this and I was told it takes a couple of months before the credits kick in and the first month they kick in it would be retroactive.

Hmm.  Credits on my mom's phone were on my first bill.  You didn't meet requirements.  

My next month will be the 4th month since I purchased the phone. I called *611 again and suddenly nobody knows anything about this promotion. I've been on hold for almost 2 hours while they research the promotion. I'm about ready to return the phone.    
The return period is 14 days, so that ship sailed.   
They have to do their job, which is suggestive sell, just like McDonalds asks if you want fries.  But you have to do your part, which is know and follow the requirements.    I switched in, and read the website, and knew the 2 major requirements were unlimited data plan and a new line for the free phone.  

Re: Promised credit on bill not appearing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to read that you have not gotten the assistance that you need with getting this promotion and we are here to help. We will need to access the account, so please provide us with the best number to reach you.

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes