Received fraud alert. Verizon cell number sold on dark web. What to do ?
RexL
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does Verizon have ANY fraud detection tools for cell phone customers ?  Experian identified my cell phone number on the dark web.   What can I do to prevent illegal activity and/or illegitimate charges on my account ?   What can I do

Labels (1)
Re: Received fraud alert. Verizon cell number sold on dark web. What to do ?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh goodness. That is definitely something to be weary of, RexL. I would be just as concerned if my information was on the Dark Web. 

It can be that there are Spammers or Spoofers using your number to call other numbers. However, they cannot access your Verizon account or information. If you would like, you can change your mobile number, but I assure you, there isn't anything the Spoofers can do with your Verizon account/service. 

Here is a bit more information on changing your number if you choose to: http://spr.ly/66031ygL7

Please refer to "How to change your mobile phone number"

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
gmaj1
Enthusiast - Level 1

can my phone number sold on the dark web be used to access credit cards

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gmaj1, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Allow us the opportunity to investigate. Why do you believe your phone number has been sold?  Can you please share more details? 

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.