Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 9,520 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Service issues with iPhone 8 plus?
KRITAY55

My service speed is dreadful tonight. Yes, it’s been terrible since switching to the iPhone 8 Plus but this is getting ridiculous! Please help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Service issues with iPhone 8 plus?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kristin, we want to thank you for reaching out tonight about the service speed you are receiving. We would be happy to assist you further. Please follow and DM us twitter for further assistance.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's make sure you are connected. How long have you experience this? Is it happening in several locations, or is it isolated to a single area? Are any other devices affected? Are calls and text messages affected as well? If you have not done any troubleshooting, you can try using our troubleshooting assistant online at, https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/apple-iphone-8-plus-troubleshooting/.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
mmwilkes

I am a nurse and call physicians frequently for orders and on patients’ conditions. If I can even get the call to physician it drops in the middle of our conversation. This can delay the care of my patients, so I have to borrow my coworkers Samsung and LG phones to make my calls. I have spoken with Verizon approproximately 10 to 12 times and in our Verizon store. They both know me by my first name and dread seeing me come in. I have tried:

Soft reset 

Hard reset 

Airplane mode on and off 

Replaced the SIM card 

And other setting changes

My Boyfriend has a I phone 5c , sits right beside me, and I have to us e his phone to make

Calls. He also uses straight talk with NO PROBLEMS.

Apple sent a snippy reply saying I should not be talking to Verizon but Apple support and take it to my Apple store (which is 55 miles away).  Or mail it to Apple. So I will not have a phone. Verizon in the dozen calls never told me to contact Apple. To get this free service you enter your serial number to see if eligible - of course mine is not eligible. Paying for an $800 phone that I can’t depend on making, answering, or not having dropped calls must be too much to ask. They will not give me a new phone or cancel my contract.

Apple said no recall because only a SMALL PERCENTAGE OF THESE HAVE BEEN AFFECTED. I have read NUMEROUS complaints regarding I phone 8 plus. This should be addressed by BOTH Apple and Verizon. As soon as I finish paying for this $800 phone and contract is up, I’ll head to straight talk or AT&T.

VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH APPLE AND VERIZON!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mmwilkes, we understand how frustrating this whole situation has been for you and how important it is to have a reliable device. You mentioned it began only when you got your iPhone 8, is that correct? Does it happen only with calls? Or also with texts and data?

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes