Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Swapping Iphone6s and iphone8
mevarhuemev

I apologize if this has been covered but I am drowning in information.  We just purchased and activated an Iphone 8 for my husband.  I presently have an iphone 6s.  We would like to switch phones.  I have backed up both phones in Itunes.  To do the switch I followed the video instructions but must have missed a step because the phones did not switch.

Steps followed-

Open tab under devices and clicked on phones to be switched.

Confirmed that plans and coverage are the same

Turned off phones and hit the switch button

This is where I got confused. What do I do next?

Do I wipe the phones and upload the backed up phone from Itunes? Do I follow instructions for activating a new phone?  I am a little hesitant to wipe phones incase I mess up the phones.  I am assuming I do not touch the SIM cards for either phone.  Can somebody walk me through this?  Again sorry if this has been discussed else where.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Swapping Iphone6s and iphone8
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Congrats on your new phone purchase, Mevarhuemev. I know how important it is to be able to transfer your content to your new phone. For directions on how to restore your content via iTunes click: http://spr.ly/66051Mtt7 

0 Likes