Trade In Credit Never Received / No response from Customer Service!
wbutler30
Enthusiast - Level 2

Back in April of 2021, I switched over to Verizon from Sprint for better service. When I switched over, I took advantage of a trade-in "deal" where I was offered a $10/month discount when trading in my Iphone 8 for and Iphone 12 Pro. After hours and hours and hours of discussion with online and phone customer service, I have given up. I am told that my perfectly good Iphone 8 was only valued at $40 total and that I would receive some kind of credit for that amount. My Iphone 8 was in excellent working condition with no blemishes, and Verizon stole my phone from me. They won't send it back, won't give me full credit, and now I have had my property literally stolen out from beneath me. Not only did I have a miserable time dealing with customer service, but I have been wrongfully credited and lied to. DO NOT trade in your devices with Verizon. It's a total rip off! Trade them in through the actual retailer if you want to be treated fairly. Samsung and Apple would take my trade in and give me the correct credit. I'm starting to second guess why I switched to Verizon in the first place... i get slightly better service (cellular coverage), horrible customer service, money stolen from me, and I'm still paying a higher monthly service charge... something's not adding up! 

Labels (1)
Re: Trade In Credit Never Received / No response from Customer Service!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's take a closer look into this for you. Please send us a Private Note. *Gen

0 Likes
wbutler30
Enthusiast - Level 2

Private message has been sent to @vzw_customer_support . Waiting on a response..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@wbutler30 ,

Thank you for keeping us updated. So that we can best assist you through, please make sure to use your Private Note to message us. -Russell

0 Likes
wbutler30
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have still not received credit for the device that I traded in almost a year ago.. I was told on 11/26/2021 that the credit for my trade-in would be applied to my account, but I never received any credit. Any idea what's going on here @vzw_customer_support ??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Wbutler30! That is a long time to wait for the adjustment to be applied to your account. I would love to review the details of the account. I've sent you another Private Note. Please reply to that message. Thank you. 

-Kevin

0 Likes