Trade in not received by Verizon
wsrocksit
Enthusiast - Level 1

I purchased a new phone with the expectation that I would receive money back for my trade in. I sent my old device exactly as instructed back to Verizon. I have not been notified that it was picked up or that Verizon has received it. I have been notified that Verizon does not have it. I think it is lost/stoled in transit.

I can not get a human to help me with this. The chats take forever for anyone to answer. I was directed to a special phone number that gave me useless options and then hung up on me. I called the regular Verizon number - useless again. 

Why aren't Verizon agents working from home? I have one agent on chat but it has taken 30 minutes and I have not gotten anywhere. He must be helping multiple people as there are long stretches between responses.

This is not acceptable.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trade in not received by Verizon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello wsrocksit! Congrats on your new phone. We know it's important to get the trade-in value applied to your balance, and we're here to help. We do apologize for the longer hold times. Do you have the tracking number or Submission ID? Please reply to our private note. 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes
wsrocksit
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a record of my previous texts with Verizon if that is helpful.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to get help get to the bottom of this confusing situation, wsrocksit. We've sent a Private Note so we can best address your concerns. Please respond to that Private Note rather than posting information publicly. 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
wsrocksit
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have tried to access the private note with the link sent through email but it doesn’t work. Safari quit because there were “too many redirects”

I have looked everywhere in my account and can not find the “private” conversation about their issue. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

If this is the case please try contacting us once more in a Private Note and we will try something else. CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
wsrocksit
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am again writing another private note about the same issue. I sent this trade in in a month ago as directed. I do not have a tracking number. I have a submission number. I am expecting $165 in trade in.

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Hi wsrocksit

You can find the Private Messenger by scrolling to the top of any page on the community and clicking on the icon that looks like an envelope.

Alternatively this link will also take you there: https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

KH-Michael

0 Likes