Trouble with MMS messaging
takey65

I recently transferred my phone and phone number (IPhone 8 plus) to my husband's Verizon account from ATT.  I am having three issues (which started right after I activated the SIM card from Verizon in my phone). First, I don't receive messages in group texts from people who are not on the Verizon network. I am able to send them myself, and they receive them, but I don't get the replies. I do get replies from other Verizon users. 

Second, I am having trouble sending and receiving individual text messages to some, but not all, non-Verizon users who are on Android phones. There are some individuals I have no challenges with, and a couple that I don't get replies from and am not sure the texts are being received.

Finally, I do not receive automated texts (such as codes for two factor authentication or alerts that my grocery order is ready to pick up, or transit alerts) at all any more. This is especially problematic for the two factor authentication as much of my work requires logging in and out of secure systems with authentication codes sent to my phone (Note: I did inquire about using an email as an alternate and that is not possible under our security protocols).

I've scoured these boards and have tried a number of things-- checking to see if MMS is enabled, tried it with WIFI calling, made sure that the number is correct, reset my phone settings, etc. We do have weaker cellular signal at our house, but we do almost everything on WIFI, and I still have the above problems when out and about with a much stronger signal. 

I also understand from other community posts that many people have simialr issues and have not seen a good solution that seems to work.

Thanks in advance for any advice-- I hate to go back to ATT because of their buisness practices, but I must have the ability to text and to do two-factor authentication.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trouble with MMS messaging
takey65

As a follow-up, one of the group message people I don't receive texts from in group texts has Sprint and an IPhone 12. I do receive and can send individual texts to this person without problems.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello and thank you for reaching out to us today with your concern. We know today most people converse via texts, therefore we want to get this matter resolved as quickly as possible.  Can you please send us a Private Message?   *Lisa

0 Likes
takey65

How do I send a private message?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

takey65, If you right click on the messenger link, you can choose whether to open it in a new tab or a new window.  If you have an unread message, you should see a gold envelope, like this --> .

If you just click on the link, the Private Messenger will open in the same window you're already using.

Also, when viewing a member's profile, there is a link to send a PM to us in our Contact section of the profile. 

-Nicci

0 Likes