Very bad cell reception
sielipb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Up until a couple moths ago, our Verizon iphone and Galaxy phones worked evrerywhere, I used to brag about Verizon, it would literally work great anywhere. A couple months ago, it drastically changed. My personal and work cell phones struggle horribly, I either have a weak signal or no service at all right here in Wyandotte, MI.It's weak indoors at my home and very weak and no service at all in many areas at my work, also in Wyandotte, MI. It went from outstanding to absoluelty horrible in the last 2 months. I've spoke to Verizon 3 times and can't get an answer on why this is happeneing or if and when it will get better. I am just about ready to switch to t-mobile if I don't get some answers.

Labels (1)
Re: Very bad cell reception
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I hear your frustration about your signal, sielipb. We want you to stay connected wherever you go, so I'm happy to help. What was the last change made to your phone before this began? How far do you travel before your signal improves? Please check your private messages so we can troubleshoot.

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
sielipb
Enthusiast - Level 1

I didnt make any changes. Both my personal ihone 8 and my work iphone 7 both went from perfect service to horrible service (missed calls, dropped calls, missed texts, many times has no service at all) the no service is at my work indoors. It worked graet until a couple months ago. This is not a device issue, it is a verizon issue. I've spoke to Verizon more than once on the chat option on website. I spoke to Verizon on facebook messenger, no one can tell me what the problem is and if an when it will get better. I need an expaination and I need it soon. I've been with Verizon for many years, but I can't do business like this. My work cell having service is very important as well as my personal cell.

MUMBLEBEE52
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m currently having this this problem. Identical to yours, right down to the bragging! I’ve been with Verizon for 10yrs now, I’ve had trouble from time to time, but mostly it’s it’s worked very well over the years. If I do have a problem, everyone I’ve spoken with over the phone has been very nice and knowledgeable. I stay for a reason. I brag to everyone. Even putting my girlfriend on my account guaranteeing her exceptional service. And it’s given her nothing but trouble. And my service lately is unusually bad. And I’m not talking about slow loading. I couldn’t load anything. My maps, needing directions, I couldn’t google anything, couldn’t make calls, NOTHING. In areas I’ve never had a problem with in the past. Idk. But it’s getting VERY frustrating. 😐

Chachi371
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m having the same problem with my iPhone 8. All of a sudden I’m having problems with dropped calls. Can’t hear me. 2 bars.  I used to brag about never having issues with Verizon. 

0 Likes
Chachi371
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issues with me for phone calls! What could have changed where Verizon once was flawless For more than 25 years and now lots of problems with my phone that I use a lot for business and rely on?!

kdb156

I am running into the same issues as stated.  Verizon customer since 2002 - never one issue.  Have used my phone for both work and personal at home since March with not an issue.  Over the past week both my wife and I have terrible reception and tried everything to resolve the problem (rebooting, sim replacement, updating network setting, calling Verizon help desk).  My wife uses an iPhoneX and me and iPhone8.  I can only hear every other word of people on the other end of a call and it sounds like those people can't hear me or I am broken up at best.  Additionally calls are now failing in the middle of the call.  Also, having trouble calling one party and using. "merge calls" to bring in another party. 

I just can't understand the sudden and drastic change.  In a suburban area with great coverage.  Relying on this phone for my job and this is extremely frustrating.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. Reliable service is a must and we are here to help. We want to make sure that you can receive the same level of service you are accustomed to for all these years. What is your ZIP Code? Do you only have trouble with the calls? 

RogelioZ_VZW

0 Likes
ymeyer

I have literally had this problem for a month and half no reception no internet 24/7 and all verizon can say is well sorry sometimes when you're inside or in certain areas you might not have service. It's not in certain areas and its not for 10 minutes it's 24/7 everywhere. I been a customer for 20 years but i may have to switch providers now.

0 Likes
Beni35045
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an Android- good phone. We have an issue with NO TOWER CLOSE BY. Moved to the country four years, and we are between 2 towers, approximately 8-10 miles from each. The ONLY reception I get is on the back porch at a certain spot. If I turn my head 2 inches, I lose the signal! If it's a cloudy day, no signal. If the wind blows, there is no signal. Missed calls and texts, dropped calls, etc. This is beyond frustrating!! We need another tower or I may end up going to AT&T. They HAVE a tower nearby.

My coordinates are:

1109201050_HDR~3.jpg

Screenshot_20201105-204712.png