Voice over LTE
santinelli

Hi, I transferred  my wife's phone # from ATT to verizon.  The transfer went through but she cannot use Voice over LTE and receive text messages.  Imessages work fine, since it uses the network, but any standard text message does NOT go through for HOURS, if at all.

Switch back to data only, and it seems to be fine, although still a few minutes for text messages to come in.

I've contacted verizon support, and they responded with poor signal, which is completely bogus since the phone is saying we have 4-5 bars of LTE.

I THINK something happened in the port of the phone # that might be causing the issue, but I can't be certain.

Anyone have any ideas?  And yes, I've done extensive testing trying different troubleshooting techniques.  I guess I want to figure out how to get Verizon to actually help, since first line has been a fail.

Thanks

Steve

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Voice over LTE
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have HD Voice feature enabled on her line through your MyVerizon account online? Do you have it enabled on her phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
santinelli

According to THIS: HD Voice for iOS FAQs | Verizon Wireless it comes standard when you buy an iPhone 6 and above.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

santinelli,

This isn't how we want to start our cellular relationship with you. I rely on my text messages too and I'll be happy to get this fixed for you. What zip code are you located in? Are any other users having issues with text messages as well? Is this happening with certain contacts or all contacts?

JuanD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
santinelli

Good morning Juan, I have contacted vzwsupport on twitter and they opened a ticket for me.  The first time I reported it they put in the ticket incorrect blaming it on performance on the network in our area (zip code 03033) except we have full strength where we live, so that was not the problem.  And none of the other phones have issues running on Voice over LTE, just the iPhone.  So I suspect it may have something to do with the phone # transfer.  Hopefully this will get resolved asap.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am glad you were able to reach us on our other support platforms Santinelli. We are all on the same team, and our goal is to make sure we resolve your concerns. I am confident that we will do this for you. Do you have any other questions or concerns?

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
santinelli

Nope all set, it finally works.  It needed to be fixed on your end.  Thanks!

0 Likes