Voicemail Folders Missing
BETENOIR123

I upgraded to an iPhone 8 Plus in December & within the 1st week I had the Voicemail To Text feature turned completely off by a Verizon Representative because it was sending the most unintelligible, garbled & misspelled messages that made absolutely Zero Sense. Afterwards, Voicemail was working perfectly & I haven’t changed a single setting in my phone since then (other than turning off Bluetooth when out & about, but always turn it back on when I get home). About 6 weeks or so ago, I noticed that the Deleted & Blocked Voicemail Boxes entirely disappeared from the bottom of the Voicemail screen (& there were Voicemail Messages in each - I didn’t delete the Voicemail Boxes), & of course, that means I can’t access any of the messages that were in those boxes, including the Blocked Voicemails from an ex-relative that I might have need of referring back to when talking about him to my other family members. I talked to a Verizon Representative (via MyVerizon App Chat) about this issue & she was totally clueless about how to fix the issue, saying no one has ever reported this problem to her, so she’s not knowledgeable about how to fix it (I really appreciated her honesty & not wasting my time with BS suggestions), & she said she would escalate the issue to an Advanced Technical Department & I should hear back from them within the week. I haven’t heard hide nor hair from anyone at Verizon concerning this issue from an Escalation/Advanced Technical Department. Short of performing a Network Reset, which would restore the phone to Factory Settings (something I don’t want to do & don want to have to go through the hassle of trying to set my Settings b the way I want them), is there some way to restore those 2 Voicemail Boxes to my phone & can you tell me how/why these Voicemail Boxes disappeared in the first place so I can avoid this happening again in future? I appreciate any & all help in this matter. Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail Folders Missing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having messages disappear is never the experience we want for our customer. Let's get this figured out. Are you able to get new messages in your Voice Mailbox? How long were the messages sitting in the box before they disappeared? Did anything change on the phone before this happened (such as a software update or new app)?

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
BETENOIR123

Thank you so much for replying to my dilemm. I haven't made any changes to my phone in the past month or so - no software update or settings changes. Regarding the addition of any apps, the last app I installed was BritBox (a British TV viewing app) 2-3 months ago, so I don't think that's it. I also recently added Zoe's Kitchen a week ago, but the Voicemail boxes had already disappeared before then. The messages in the Blocked Voicemails were maybe up to 3 months old by now, so not old at all. The messages in the Deleted Voicemails were very few & also current. A couple from my mom I think & maybe my doctor's office. So this is especially why I find it confusing that they just disappeared over night about 6 weeks ago. I know these answers won't be much help, but I would still appreciate any thoughts & recommendations you might have. Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BETENOIR123, 

We want to do our best to figure this mystery out. Let's get s few more details. Was the change to cancel the transcribing feature done at the same time the deleted boxes disappeared? Once you delete a message, does it appear in a deleted folder under your Visual Voicemail section under Phone?

JenelleR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BETENOIR123

As previously stated, I bought this phone in December 2017 & had the Voicemail To Text transcription turned off within the 1st week, meaning before the 2018 New Year. Voicemail was working fine up until ~6 weeks ago (I guess by now that would be ~7 weeks ago). Whenever I Deleted a Voicemail Message it was deposited into the Deleted Voicemail section of Voicemail within the phone icon on my phone & stayed in Deleted Voicemail until I completely deleted all the messages in the Deleted Voicemail section, which hadn't been done for awhile (my Voicemail wasn't Full, so I had no reason to delete the 3 or 4 messages there). Blocked Voicemails were in the Blocked Voicemail section, too, & these Blocked Voicemail Messages are the ones I'm concerned about the most (for reasons previously stated). Voicemail was working exactly the way it was meant to work.

As I've said, I haven't changed a single thing in Settings on my phone other than performing routine iOS software updates, & the Deleted & Blocked Voicemail Messages have never been affected by a software update. But a software update is excluded here as a concern & any affect one could have doesn't apply here, as I hadn't performed a software update in awhile (it needs to be updated to this latest iOS software update still, but I'm waiting for resolution of this problem first).

It has been working perfectly from the very day Voicemail To Text transcription was turned off back in December 2017, or 5 months of working perfectly fine. The entire 2 Voicemail sections disappeared off my phone one night & both section tabs & the Voicemails contained under each tab were totally nowhere to be found. Usually even if you don't have any Voicemails deposited in either Deleted or Blocked Voicemail folders, the tabs still exist at the bottom of the Voicemail Inbox, & when you tap on either, it would then sho no Voicemails in the box, if that happen to be the case, which isn't my case. The 2 tabs should still appear at the bottom of the Voicemail tab & there should in fact be a number of  Voicemails under each tab since I haven't deleted them.

i hope this clears up any remaining questions you may hav; I don't know how to relate this any clearly to you. But pleas, let me know if there are any other questions you may have & I will try my best to answer them.

I really appreciate your help in this matter.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BETENOIR123, We understand how frustrating this is for you. The network controls if the messages are being delivered to your device and they are. On an iPhone, the voicemail is operated on Apple server. Therefore, we recommend that you contact Apple (800-275-2273) so they can troubleshoot your voicemail system from the server.

TrinetteW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BETENOIR123

Thank you for trying to figure out what's going on with my Voicemail boxes. I deleted 1 message today & it did re-establish my Deleted Messages box, but it only contains this 1 voicemail only. The Blocked Messages box did not reappear. I will contact Apple tomorro, as you have suggeste. I really don't think this problem must happen all that often because I couldn't find any links to an Apple question like this online. I just hope they have seen this problem before & can fix it. If not, I'll just be SOL.

But I really do appreciate the help you have tried to give me in this matte. Thank yo.

0 Likes
flamingolady

Hi, I am having this same problem. Just purchased an iphone 8 (brand new in Verizon store) and have no Deleted Voicemail folder nor a folder for voicemail from Blocked numbers. Contacted Apple and they suggest it is an issue with Verizon. Waiting for business hours to call customer support...reset phone, updated software, reset network settings, nada. Did this issue ever get resolved?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

flamingolady, it's important to us that you're able to use your voicemail and have access to all necessary folders. Did you have access to these folders on your previous device? Are you having any problems receiving voicemails?

0 Likes
PurpleChairLady

I am also having this same issue. It has been more than 6 months, nobody has been able to help. Would love to find a solution. Any help out there, please?

0 Likes