What is wrong with 3 way calling on my iPhone 8?
ANTOBR95
Enthusiast - Level 1

It will not work when I ad a caller and try to merge.  Both calls drop

Labels (1)
Re: What is wrong with 3 way calling on my iPhone 8?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ANTOBR95, 

We want to make sure you enjoy all the features on your phone. I use my three-way calling regularly. Let's get some details. Did this feature ever work? Have you attempted to this feature with different numbers? Do you have any trouble with any other calls or services on your phone? Did anything change on your phone recently?

Jenelle_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ANTOBR95
Enthusiast - Level 1

So after spending 45 minutes with your level 2 support and no resolution , IE:(network reset, double checking IOS, power cycling the phone etc) the recommendation wast to call Apple support.  Hmmmm..... 45 minutes with Apple support and running diagnostics (no problem found and to top it off they told me that the phone must be broken and I need to schedule and appointment at the nearest apple store. But no one had a free appointment in local stores for over a week when she looked to schedule this .  Hmmmmmm Not happy here guys. 

So once again taking things into my own hands. Verizon should have known this and checked right away. My 3 way calling feature on my account needed to be reset. Your chat team changed that for me after I researched it for an hour on my own and found dozens of people complaining about this . IT was a network issue on your provision of the conference (3 way) feature. So after "I " directed your tech support what to look for they reset the feature and I power cycled the phone and now I have what I am paying for.  Verizon should be paying me for adding to your knowledge base and helping dozens of complaining customers.  Where am I compensated for my 4 hours worth of pain and dozens of dropped conference calls?  Sincerely, a newly active shopper for new services.

Tags (1)
Gamal100

I have the same issue with my iPhone XS witch supports 2 lines.

I thought it was the phone issue but after reading your post I tested the secondary line which proved to be working without any problem while the primary line drops the 3-way calls all the time.

I am a new Verizon customer and I can confidently say that calling the customer service or Technical support is a horrible experience. The calls with them drop all the time, I might need to call 5 or 6 times to get my issue solved.

At the end I can say: God Bless AT&T, it was much better.

0 Likes
PatelHome
Enthusiast - Level 1

Man. you saved me. I was like football between verizon and apple. It worked. You should be head of verizon IT. 

k9bigdog
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you so much for your infomation!! I've had this problem for months and no idea why. Never thought to call Verizon, but I'm glad I didn't. I'll be calling them now, since I've been paying for assistance for the last 2 years and never used them.

Thank you so much!

k9bigdog

0 Likes
cynic783
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same resolution: as ANTOBR95.  Verizon Level 2 Tech Deactivated and Reactivated the 3-way calling feature.

Thank you...saved me much pain!

0 Likes