iPhone 8+ no longer playing voicemail greeting
DenMan5

I was told by someone trying to call me that they were not receiving my voicemail greeting.  The phone would ring, then when the voicemail was supposed to play it would just be silent.  I have checked both the iPhone (greeting/custom) and the message is recorded and I can hear it, but it will not play and no one can leave a message if I don't answer the call.  Dialing *86 and going into the greeting/voicemail menu also will allow me to hear my outgoing greeting message, and activate the greeting, but it still will not play when someone calls me and I don't answer the call.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 8+ no longer playing voicemail greeting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DenMan5, we want to be sure your voicemail is working the way it should. Let's gather some information to help get this resolved. Do you recall any changes to the phone around the time the issue started? Also, have you tried turning off Call Forwarding? In some cases, you may have accidentally turned it on and it's causing the trouble. Here's a link to help you turn off Call Forwarding. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-17268/

StevenM_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DenMan5, we want to be sure your voicemail is working the way it should. Let's gather some information to help get this resolved. Do you recall any changes to the phone around the time the issue started? Also, have you tried turning off Call Forwarding? In some cases, you may have accidentally turned it on and it's causing the trouble. Here's a link to help you turn off Call Forwarding. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-17268/

StevenM_VZW

0 Likes
DenMan5

Go figure - something so simple.  Odd thing is, I have never used call forwarding, and have no idea what number it could have been set to since the calls were not going anywhere, but I turned off call forwarding (*73) and now voicemail greeting is answering.  I have no clue why that would have been activated, but I'll take the fix!  Thanks!

0 Likes