Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
iPhone caller ID now showing name but not phone number
DavidDLV

As of this morning, when people call my iphone, the caller ID displays the person's name (even if not in my contacts) or is displayed "WIRELESS CALLER". My phone did not update, my plan did not change, my settings did not change. I just woke up today and it was doing this. It's really annoying. 

I called VZW support today who instructed me to reset my network setting and reboot my iphone. I did this and it went back to displaying only phone numbers. Then after 1 hour it's back to showing names! I have a feeling this in on the carrier's end not my phone. 

What can I do to fix this? I want the caller ID to show the person's phone # not their name.

0 Likes
Re: iPhone caller ID now showing name but not phone number
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I can certainly understand your concerns about reverting these changes and we appreciate your efforts to resolve this issue. Let's take a closer look. To confirm, does this occur with all incoming calls or a specific number?

0 Likes