iPhone dropping calls - going to static
anderson13

Using my iPhone 8 plus for work conference calls.  After 40 mins it has been cutting out on the call.  It appears the call is still going, but I just hear static.  What is happening?  I can hang up and call back in and it is fine.  This is very disturbing. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone dropping calls - going to static
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for checking in on the community member forum, anderson13. We're sorry to hear that this has been going on. We'd like to learn more so we can hopefully diagnose the issue. We know a lot of folks are now working remotely, and have increased occasions for things like conference calls. Were you also doing conference calls in the past? If so, can you let us know how long this has been going on? Do you have your phone connected to WiFi at the time, and if so do you use WiFi Calling on it? Do you use any sort of booster, such as a Network Extender? EricW_VZW

0 Likes
anderson13

This is Still happening. This has been going on for at least three weeks. I was not connected to WiFi calling. Did try that and seemed to make the connection even worse. I have not used my phone much for conference calls in the past but since I have been it drops at about the 40 min mark. Very strange. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is very strange, and thank you for those details, anderson13. Is your device up to date on the latest software version? Are you using FaceTime for these conference calls with other iPhone users?  JoeyM_VZW

0 Likes