12 Pro Max Order on hold for payment
CassieT
Enthusiast - Level 1

I pre-ordered the new iPhone 12 Pro Max on launch day using apple pay and the payment was accepted. The following day, I received an email saying my order was on hold for payment and to update it. I changed payment to my credit card and it was again accepted - this time my account was billed and the charge posted. However, I once again received another email stating that my order was still on hold and to update my payment again.

When calling customer service, they say there is an error with the system and they can't change it on their end, they suggest I cancel my order and re-order it but the phone is now on BACK ORDER. I spent hours talking to various reps who had no idea what the issue was and could not help me. Another rep suggested that I just "wait and see" if the order goes through and ships. 

When manually searching for my order using the online order #, there is an issue and it can't pull up my order. When using the automated chat bot it searches for my order using the store order #, not the online order # - and it says the order is good to go and pending shipment. 

No one has provided any clarification as to what is actually happening and my account was already billed for the new phone. This is completely unacceptable and does not make sense that Verizon would struggle this much to implement a new product when they have done this exact process hundreds of times before with various new phone launches.

Anyone else having a similar situation? 

Labels (1)
Re: 12 Pro Max Order on hold for payment
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CassieT, we do not want to keep you waiting or work with assumptions seeing that you have reached out to us about your pre-order on numerous occasions. Seeing that you have already been deducted the amount for your order, I am committed to making sure you get your new iPhone as soon as possible. Please respond to my Private Note that I have sent to you so that we can get this matter resolved. I appreciate your continued efforts and promise that you will be supplied with a solution. 

AkaneM_VZW

0 Likes
Skptn
Enthusiast - Level 2

mine is on hold for accepting terms and conditions which have already been accepted and the rep on the phone taking my order verified that my signatures on both items and my payment went through. I have talked to 3 different reps and got 3 different answers, meanwhile it's still on hold and says if I don't accept the T&C by 11/22 my order is canceled. This is beyond frustrating, please do something  to resolve this!!!!

Rssanchez
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue! Did you get it resolved? 

Skptn
Enthusiast - Level 2

My situation was resolved thankfully 

JRothstar
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem. I asked the status of my order, and asked if VW received my payment. The VW customer service was no help and had no clue where my payment went even though VW already accepted my payment. They had no idea when my phone will ship. They just said, well your order wasn’t canceled. I will just have to keep calling to find someone that can actually help especially since VW had no problem taking my money but they don’t want to deliver the product. If anyone has an idea of what to ask or say to customer service that might help get this resolved, I would appreciate the feedback. 

Mckell1997
Enthusiast - Level 2

How did you resolve it? I’m have the same issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have the details and confirmation of your order and we want to make sure that you get the help you need. We are sending you a private message to further assist you.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mckell1997-

We want your order to complete without any hiccups. Please respond to my Private Note to further assist.

-Carmen_VZWSupport

0 Likes
iceethree
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue. i tried calling sales, and they said that they couldn’t not complete my order AFTER taking all my info and assuring me they could fix it. then, they told me to contact customer care. i did, and they were no help. every time i try to change payment info it wont even let me past the page where i input my info. i’m just trying to get my phone delivered. i have no idea what the issue is, and the reps don’t seem to know either. very frustrating.