$580 trade in promotion not being honored
nstzlogman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased a new iphone 12 in December with a trade in promotion of $580.  I did not receive a return mailer in a timely manner so I contacted Verizon and they sent me a mailer and gave me a submission ID.  I mailed the trade in and got receipt confirmation.  When I checked the status of the trade-in, it stated a value of $52 which would be credited to my account.  I contacted Verizon by phone and was assured that I would receive a $24.17 credit/mo for 24 months.  I checked my upcoming bill and the credit was indeed present.  When I checked my upcoming bill again a few days later, the credit disappeared.  Between online chats and phone conversations I have spent in excess of 4 hours trying to resolve this issue.  I think that the person that sent me the mailer gave me a new submission ID not associated with the original promotion so it looks like it was a regular trade-in.  Once my current phones have been paid off, I will be switching providers.  

Labels (1)
Re: $580 trade in promotion not being honored
nstzlogman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Received the following "concerned response" but no link to click on:

I am a consumer on a budget, and I sincerely understand your concerns regarding the promotion outlined in your post, nstzlogman. We would like to review your account for eligibility on the trade-in promotion and add the promotion for you. 

We can access the account via a secure channel and assist you further if you verify the account. Please review the disclosures below and authenticate at the link provided for further assistance. After you verify the account and have access to the secure channel, only reply to the messages in the secure channel, please. - AntonioC_VZW

By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Please note, the link we provide has a timed expiration, so we encourage you to continue as soon as possible.

Authenticate and continue here:   (Blank)

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

My apologies that the link did not come through as it should have. I will send you a Private Note with the link again, so we can make sure things are addressed properly. 

-NoahS_VZW

0 Likes
dsime55
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also traded in two iPhones for the iPhone 12 minis with the promise of $580 trade-in each. So far it's going to the third bill and no credit at all for my phones.  When I click on the email link to show the status nothing has changed. It shows that they received my devices and $0.00 final value which was the same amount shown even before they received the devices. when I called Verizon the person said there was some type of mess -up where she sees the promotion for my account yet somehow it was not going through. Verizon, too many people are complaining about not getting promised value for their phones. You need to fix this or stop the misrepresentation of your special promotions! 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dsime55, thank you so much for reaching out to us and making us aware of your situation with your recent trade in of an old phone. I know that I would be concerned as well. We would love to take a closer look at the account details and the trade-in information. I've sent you a Private Note. Please respond to that message. -KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
ok910
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had this same issue. After several months (4 so far), still not resolved. Such a shame a company of Verizon's scale cannot honor basic agreements.  Our business is your privilege.  Would love to keep escalating this and talk to an actual person that wants to improve their businesses customer service reputation. Extremely disappointed I pay money for agreements that aren't held up on the companies side.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to read that you are having issues with your account, as we always want to make sure that you receive the best experience with us. Could you further clarify what issues you are having?

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes
nstzlogman
Enthusiast - Level 2

AlfredoLVZW,

Your response that you are sorry that I am having issues appears to be disingenuous given the fact that I have spent many hours on the phone and by chat describing my issue to customer service and you do not have any record of my complaint. We are going on 3 months of me trying to receive $580 promotional credit each on my bill for the purchase of 2 iphone 12s and their concurrent trade-ins.  I have never received any feedback from customer service on the progress of my inquiries. Please provide me with an email with which I may contact you to fully describe my issue.  I can not spend any longer on the phone or chat with customer service. Obviously, those two methods of contact provide no record of my communication, otherwise I would not have had to explain my situation over and over again.  I will only describe my situation by email so that I have a documentation of my contact with you and documentation of your response.  To reiterate what I have said in previous posts, I consider Verizon to have the worst customer service of any company that I have ever dealt with.  Your commitment to a lifelong customer should be foremost in priority.  Seeing all the complaints on this community bulletin board should dissuade anyone from doing business with your company. I shall be surprised if I  receive any response to my request for an email contact as I am certain that you do not want any written record of my complaint.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is definitely something we want to address fully. There is not an email address you can use to contact us directly, but we can still work here. I will send a Private Note, so this can be fully addressed without the need for you to call in. 

-NoahS_VZW

0 Likes
nstzlogman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received an email for a private message with no instructions on how to respond to the private message.  There is no link.  Could you guys make it anymore difficult for me to respond to you?   At least send an email that I can respond to. 

0 Likes