Re: $580 trade in promotion not being honored
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

to respond to a private message you can hit the reply button, or click on the username of the sender (or anyone on the community).  This will take you to their Profile page where you will find a link to send a message.  

0 Likes
bloominbb
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this same issue. Purchased two new iPhones around Black Friday AND upgraded my plan with the promise of - in my case one was supposed to be $579, and the other trade in (the 7 Plus) was $699. The current phones were working fine, and the only reason I took the leap and did this was because it was such an incredible trade-in value. Well, the promised return mailer did not show up, so I followed up, and they sent both. I have yet to receive my promised promotion, despite having spent many hours on the phone with various representatives who are all very nice and assure me that they are going to take care of me. My last call, the Verizon representative told me that there had been a "handful of the $579 promotions that didn't process correctly." She said a supervisor would review the original phone call and then contact me within 72 hours. I said "Are you sure? Someone will call me?" She promised someone would contact me within 72 hours. I was so appreciative, since I'm constantly the one having to wade through the voicemail menu and then explain, again and again, the original situation, to whichever new person I happen to reach on that particular day. Did someone call me within 72 hours? No. Of course not. It's now been a month and still nothing. I have been a loyal Verizon customer since 2005. 16 years. I'm incredulous that a company would treat a 16 year customer this way. And the thing is, if it were $100 I'd just chalk it up to an unfortunate thing and let it go. But this is $1200+! Not sure what my next steps will be. Maybe the Better Business Bureau? Consumer Advocacy group? If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Suffice it to say, I have stopped recommending Verizon to friends and family as a provider. Long term relationship quickly dissolving. 

0 Likes
nirender

I completely understand how you feel. A customer service representative reached out to me around April 6th. I got on a chat session and I found out that the promotional offer that had been submitted for review was based on me taking a new line. I could not believe this as we have had this line at Verizon for many years. The best guidance I was given was to call the trade in team at 18004168894. I did call this team and she confirmed what the representative had stated on the chat. I asked why the promotional upgrade was based on a new line when the line I was upgrading had been on my Verizon account for many years. Anyway the representative was having issues submitting the request for the correct promotional upgrade. She promised to call me back in two to three hours. The representative texted me to tell me she would be calling shortly and did call me.

I was informed that the promotional upgrade had been successfully applied and I will see it reflected on the next bill. I will have to wait until May now.

if it is not resolved then, I will decide if I want to move two off my lines away from Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to make it easy to do business with us and get the proper promotions. We greatly appreciate the last 16 years you have been with us. Please send a Private Note and we can offer you more personalized support to get to the bottom of this once and for all! 

0 Likes
Verizon7734
Enthusiast - Level 2

As you can quickly see from reading through this forum, Verizon has a pattern of failing to honor their promotions and burdening their customers with unnecessary aggravation and frustration. Unfortunately, you will likely waste hours on useless customer service calls attempting to get this resolved so please make sure to file claims with FTC (reportfraud.ftc.gov) and FCC (consumercomplaints.fcc.gov). Also be sure to warn any colleagues, classmates, friends, and family members that may be considering Verizon.

0 Likes
jmartin9
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was on the phone yesterday with an Agent for 45 minutes, plus another 35 minutes. I had a call at 10am and had to hang up. This was not resolved as there were issues on Verizons end. I didn't get an email, a call back- you guys just ghosted me. Really disappointed in the costumer service. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jmartin9,

We always want to provide exceptional service at all times. Sorry to hear that this did not happen and we want to ensure that your issue is resolved. Can you provide us more details on your issue? 

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW

0 Likes
jmartin9
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have called 2 times now and spoke with verizon representatives. You can see the notes as the last agent was able to review notes from the call. Yesterday the agent promised a call back with a text before hand. Guess what happened? No text, no call, no solution. I'm waiting for a shipment from Verizon to send my old device back as I already have the new iphone 12 from Verizon. I'm at a loss with the incompetence's after 18 years with Verizon. Unreal. My time invested in getting this straightened around is 5+ hours, and it's still not resolved.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to make sure you're provided with a resolution. Specifically, what promotion were you attempting to take advantage of? Did the promotion fall off of your account, or are you running in to eligibility issues?

0 Likes
Ness31

This has happened to me for the last three months. I did the promotional for two phones on Dec 31st.  I spent hours and hours trying to get this corrected. Each rep just says it’s a system issue and then credit my bill for the month for the promotion. I have to call each month - how is this possible? And to add right now I don’t have cell service on any of the iPhone 12s in my own house. When not in the house I do- but in my house I don’t 

0 Likes