Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bait and Swich is Illegal right??
engines4u2

My daughter wanted to upgrade her IPhone 8 256gb to Iphone 12 Pro. We had held off untik we saw the $440 trade in deal they were offering. We ofered new phone online and went to pick in store now problems. We received the return box and packaging and sent phone back within a week after getting new phone. I here nothing from verizon about returned phone. Today I get my bill and it has a $52 credit on it. After much digging into the bill I find out this is the trade in value they assigned to the IPhone I returned. This is $388 less that was offered by this deal. If I would of know that's what they would off offered I could of sold locally or went another route and collected more money for the phone. I did chat and they said it was damaged in shipment. Why should I be punished for Verizons provided packaging and damage in shipment? Why should you have to wait 5-7 business days for a response? I believe offering someone something and replacing with something else is called bait and switch. It is also illegal. Can someone from verizon please handle before I contact the state Attorney General and the BBB?  Just do what you said you were going to do.

0 Likes
Re: Bait and Swich is Illegal right??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

engines4u2, We know the importance of making sure you receive the promotional value of your traded devices. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused surrounding the Trade In. I have sent you a Private Message. Please respond at your earliest convenience. 

0 Likes
engines4u2

I have private messages Verizon 2 times with no reply. Not only do I feel cheated but no one at this company wants to help and take ownership. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

engines4u2, sorry about all of this. Our goal is to work toward a resolution. We have sent a Private Message offering further assistance. 

0 Likes
engines4u2

Sent a reply to your private message. Lets see how long this takes. 

0 Likes