Calls are not received
Angelspire
Enthusiast - Level 1

All calls are going to voicemail. That’s the case for iPhone 11 and now iPhone 12. Used SIM card and e-sim. With and without apple watch. Tried switching DnD on and off. 

It just constantly falls into inability to receive calls. 

I’ve cleared my blocked list, double- checked do-not-disturb settings, everything is clean.

I am able to make calls - sometimes it just fails to make a call, but on a second attempt it makes it.

But even after that all incoming calls are sent to voicemail.

However, switching airplane mode on, waiting, and switching back on solves the issue, but only temporarily. After some time people again can’t reach me.

And it’s no traces left - I can only see that someone called me if they leave voicemail. If not - it doesn’t appear anywhere.

This is extremely annoying and unreliable service.

Labels (1)
Re: Calls are not received
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Angelspire, we can appreciate how you fee. I've experienced this as well as of late. Did this seem to become prominent after a software update?

0 Likes
eikav
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm not Angelspire, but I've had the same problem. Since updating the iOS to 14.2, calls are not coming through, going straight to voicemail.

jpiszcz
Contributor - Level 1

I posted this in another thread:

For the next person this affects (it happened to me again recently when I turned on one of my older phones that I was still logged into)- I performed the following actions:

1. Logged into my other devices I don't use that frequently, logout of iCloud on all other devices except my main device.

2. Call my main device via Google Voice and then it started working again.

After I did those, I also reset network settings and then also a forced reboot and so far things have been better.. This seems to be a widespread issue for those with iPhones on Verizon as this issue pops up here, MacRumors, Apple forums and elsewhere.  It would be nice if a root cause can be found to prevent this from happening in the future.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries, eikav! We can help work on this with you as well. Please send us a Private Note to work on this together! JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
phiri01
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue, and have done all the "remediation" steps mentioned, ie reset network settings.  The problem is, this only "fixes" things for a day or so, then it starts happening again, ie going straight to voice mail.  I am also using Google Voice to call my phone to check whether it can receive calls.

To make it worse, I can do various things at different times to begin to temporarily receive calls, ie switch data and voice mode from 5G to LTE (and back), turn wifi calling off (and on), reboot the phone, reset network settings, ... Nothing is a permanent fix so far.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@phiri01, phone calls are the primary method in which people reach me, so I can see why you are looking for a permeant fix. I will make sure we provide that for you seeing the amount of effort you have poured into this already. I have sent a Private Note so that we can review your account and start troubleshooting. Please reply to me there. 

Akane_VZW

0 Likes
jpiszcz
Contributor - Level 1
I also experience this issue on/off as well, if anyone finds a root cause it would be extremely helpful to post it here.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you are able to make and receive calls successfully, jpiszcz. I see you mentioned some steps earlier in the thread, are you still having issues? Are texts or data affected? 

MarshallP_VZW

0 Likes
jpiszcz
Contributor - Level 1

Just inbound calls, data and text are okay.

Right now everything is working, but this issue is intermittent.

For reference:

This occurred starting in July 2020 on my iPhone 11 Pro Max on a 4G LTE SIM.

I’ve since moved to a 12 using a new 5G SIM and it has occurred with this as well.

0 Likes