Charged without recieving Backordered Device
cunningcorvid

At the start of the month I placed an order for a replacement to my current phone. It was ordered 06/07 and was on backorder until 06/22. Now, 06/22 has come and past, yet I still don't have the device or any update on where the device is.

I can't call CS because the phone this device is replacing has a swollen battery and is dangerous to use. Chat support has been incredibly unhelpful, just leading me to the same order status over and over again. I'm getting charged for this device TOMORROW (06/25) and still haven't received any updates about it. Do I need to cancel this order and wait yet another month before this device will arrive? I see that the device I ordered is on backorder until July 13, so if that's the case and I wont receive my device until then, I think it's completely ridiculous to charge me for a device I wont get until another month has gone by. Since it doesn't seem like there's a guarantee I will have the device by then either, given how this has gone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Charged without recieving Backordered Device
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have a working device as soon as possible, cunningcorvid. We understand that you cannot use your current device and that you order a device that is in backorder until 7/13/21. If you see this date as the expected date to have the device available for shipping, we are confident that your order will be shipped on that date. If you prefer, you can cancel the order and place an order for a device that is currently available. Would like to explore this option?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
cunningcorvid

HI Antonio,

The date on my order (# 5333118) is showing an expected ship date on 06/22/2021. Are you saying that date is now incorrect and I will 1) be charged for a device I don't have and 2) need to wait until 07/13/2021 to receive it?

Thanks for your help, just trying to understand!

0 Likes
cunningcorvid

The 07/13/2021 backorder date was based off of the Store page, where it currently lists the Samsung A42 as on backorder until 07/13. When I ordered, the Store page said it was on backorder until 06/22 and my order still says expected to ship 06/22. So, which date is correct?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good question. Respond to the private message to take a closer look. 

0 Likes