Duplicate Sims for emergencies
Haley1994
Enthusiast - Level 1

With 2 factor authentication, and codes being sent directly to my phone. Need to be able to give a duplicate number to my emergency contact so they have access to all medical and pharmacy records if my phone is unavailable. 2 factor such as ID ME does not give that option to add a 2nd number

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Duplicate Sims for emergencies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Haley1994,

We understand your concern. At this time, you cannot have the same number on 2 different SIM cards. This is not possible. Most companies or services will give an option to have 2-factor authentication set up to an email address or an alternate number to allow access when the phone number is not an option. This verification method in intentional to prevent another device from accessing your information. For security purposes, most likely, there will never be an option to have the same phone number on two cell phones.

-Jenelle

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Haley1994,

We understand your concern. At this time, you cannot have the same number on 2 different SIM cards. This is not possible. Most companies or services will give an option to have 2-factor authentication set up to an email address or an alternate number to allow access when the phone number is not an option. This verification method in intentional to prevent another device from accessing your information. For security purposes, most likely, there will never be an option to have the same phone number on two cell phones.

-Jenelle

Haley1994
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the help. I've started moving the 2 factor over to email instead of the phone. My entire family has that user/pw combo so they can access 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Haley1994, I totally understand where you're coming from. Please allow me to work with you, so I may provide the best resolution for this situation, at the end of the day my goal is to help you, please contact us through Facebook or Twitter for a personal assistance.>Apollo

0 Likes