International use iPhone 12 Pro Max
JohnnyPS

We are traveling to South Africa next month and want to use 2 iPhone 12 Pro Max phones.  When I go on to the Verizon website trip planner it is showing that one of these phones will not work outside the US.  The only difference it that one phone is a 256 GB phone and the other is 512 GB.  Any ideas why this phone is showing up as not capable of use in South Africa? Travel Pass is enabled on all the phones on our account.

Iphone.JPG

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: International use iPhone 12 Pro Max
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, JohnnyPS. We know how important having service while traveling overseas can be. Do you know if the 256GB iPhone 12 Pro Max is carrier unlocked? *Cassie

0 Likes
JohnnyPS

All the phones should be unlocked.  The 2 iPhone 12 units were purchased outright with no monthly payment and this was at least 8 or 9 months ago.  Verizon states that phones will be automatically unlocked after 60 days.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I see, thank you for those details. We can definitely check the devices for you, it's a quick and easy process. In addition to this message, I will send you a Private Note, so we can continue.  -Jordan

0 Likes