Iphone 12 won't receive texts from certain contacts for the past 2 months
alin
Enthusiast - Level 1

One day Texts stopped coming through on my iphone 12, but only from certain contacts. There are no blocks, one is my boss who can't get a hold of me via text. This is only the primary text app on the iphone. Whatsapp works fine. Verizon IT could see it was happening but couldn't find the problem. It's frustrating and if not resolved, I'm going to leave Verizon. Is there anything else I can try. I've done all the resets and deletes asked of me but nothing has worked.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 12 won't receive texts from certain contacts for the past 2 months
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Alin, we want to do everything possible to help get the text messages working. To help get started, we'd like to ask a few questions. Do you notice this happening with iPhone users, or does it tend to happen with Android users instead? Also, are picture messages or group messages working with those numbers you're having trouble with? -Alex

0 Likes
alin
Enthusiast - Level 1

both iPhone and Android and different providers. It happens 100% of the time with certain contacts. 5 or so that I’ve identified. I’ve tried to triage the problem with them and texts only go one way. I don’t see their responses. It said they saw the failed attempts. It can’t figure out why. 

0 Likes
alin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Type of message not going through varies. With some contacts it’s everything. Some only group messages I don’t see. It is consistent though. Its always the same contacts and the same type of message that I’m not seeming from them. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help with any concerns you have about the incoming texts issue you are experiencing with your device. Allow us to take a closer look at this matter, please send us a Private Note at your earliest convenience to better assist. ~Vic

0 Likes
alin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I sent a message a couple days ago, no reply yet.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Alin, please delete your number from your previous response. We'll help address your issues with not receiving text messages. We've sent you a private message to further assist. Thank you.

- Alan

0 Likes