Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Issues with Upgrading and Customer Service
Hdw1

I have been trying to upgrade one line (out of 7) on my account and it has been an absolute nightmare. Apparently, I cannot upgrade without putting down a $900 deposit, which is basically the cost of the phone. All of my lines are current and more than 50% paid off. No rep can give me an actual reason why all of a sudden I can’t upgrade without a huge deposit. Some reps say it is because of the Stay Connected Program, others disagree. Some reps said I needed to have a zero balance on my account and pay my bill early, so I decided to pay my $500 bill 10 days early. Still didn’t do anything. Back in June, I was placed into the Stay Connected program, without asking if this is something I would like to be included in, when I was a couple days late with my bill. Turns out, getting out of this program takes an act of God, and no one knows what they are talking about. I have spent roughly 12 hours on the phone with Verizon over the last week, getting different information from different people. I have begged several representatives to let me pay the measly $80 I owe on this program, and you are not allowed to pay it off early until paperwork has been filed and it hits your next bill. Never heard of a company NOT wanting my money, but I digress. It seems ridiculous that I cannot upgrade one phone that is 50% paid off, on an account that is and has been current. The entire reason I have been with Verizon for nearly a decade is the customer service and the ability to upgrade my phone regularly. Considering that customer service has been incredibly unhelpful and I still cannot upgrade my phone, I don’t see a reason to stay. Every time I call Verizon to ask questions about canceling my service, I sit on hold forever waiting to be connected, until I eventually hang up. Currently on minute 20, without any human interaction. 

Anyone else experiencing a similar issue?

Tags (2)
Re: Issues with Upgrading and Customer Service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We will do everything we can to help regarding your upgrade options.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.

0 Likes
rmac4242

I had a different type of upgrade problem, but a problem nonetheless.

The phone customer service with Verizon is beyond shocking.  It's really disappointing and a bad look for the Verizon brand.

9wood

Seems issues with rebates and upgrade been reported a lot on here lately so maybe more hassle for you I do agree with your views on there lack of help and excuses they use seems we the customer are just a disturbance to them as they put obstacles and other things for us to go through

0 Likes
Miguel311

I would like to see this problem resolved I do not understand what management are doing that they are so busy to take a look at this issue. Been with Verizon for more than 10 years and it’s getting bad that a client will pay what you guys say to pay with drawl the money out of the bank and two days trying to get a hold of a tracking number or what’s going on with the order and I did this to get it before Christmas and no one can give me no information

0 Likes