Item Returned to sender
Dnms
Enthusiast - Level 1

Recently ordered my upgrade and Verizon failed to include my apt number on the shipping address and device was returned to sender by UPS.  Called and chatted with multiple reps to get the issue resolved. I have no device, I’ve been charged the initial fees on my visa and Verizon sent me an email requesting my old phone to turned in for the upgrade credit or I’ll be forced to pay the full retail price. How can I file a formal complaint for getting messed up over? I have not received any formal correspondence regarding this matter. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Item Returned to sender
Dnms
Enthusiast - Level 1

The item was returned on July 12th back to Texas. I live in CA and Verizon is claiming they can’t locate the order and since they can’t (even though it was tracked back to sender) they are not going to cancel the order and give me any credit and make this right since they can’t the devise. This is a NOT MY PROBLEM situation. Multi billion dollar company can’t rectify this?? I am not to blame! They need to fix this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Dnms. We are sorry to hear of the shipping address issue you had with your recent purchase. Your frustration is understandable. Once the order is returned back to Verizon, the order will be canceled along with any device trade in requirements. Additionally, with the cancelation of the order, you will receive a refund. What was the date the order was being sent back to Verizon? 

CassieG_VZW

0 Likes
Doggo
Contributor - Level 3

When an order is placed and nothing is specified, it defaults to whatever address you have on file. Wether you ordered a rep, your apartment number wasn't left off on purpose.

0 Likes
Dnms
Enthusiast - Level 1

The item was returned on July 12th back to Texas. I live in CA and Verizon is claiming they can’t locate the order and since they can’t (even though it was tracked back to sender) they are not going to cancel the order and give me any credit and make this right since they can’t the devise. This is a NOT MY PROBLEM situation. Multi billion dollar company can’t rectify this?? I am not to blame! They need to fix this!!

0 Likes
TamTamAK

I'm having the same issue! I have a product that was faulty, a gizmo watch- they finally (after way too many calls, way too many issues and WAY too many HOURS on the phone with so many people) sent me a new one. I sent the faulty one back immediately to them, as requested, with the label THEY provided. I kept that label for over a month, and then now suspiciously they're charging me and claiming they didn't received the item, and trying to tell me there's not tracking on my account for it. The label THEY made for me to use, I used and dropped the item off at the UPS store in September!! It's been in their hands now.

Who's had this situation fixed, I can not be charged for an item I sent back! I held up 100% of my responsibility in this situation, and they're the ones failing. I need to have this elevated, and unfortunately have been disconnected via chat and phone more than a few times, after being given major attitude by Verizon agents. 

I'm so frustrated, I've been so kind up to this point, i've been told it's taken care of, and it's clearly not and they just want me to pay. It's absolutely not my responsibility to pay, because they have it back. I'm willing to bet money if they look up the serial number of the device, they've already resold it to someone else,  and are making more money off it. I'm ready to switch companies if they don't resolve this. It's clearly a KNOWN issue with them claiming they didn't' receive products they absolutely DID. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TamTamAK I'm sorry to learn of this experience. We can certainly do some investigating for you. We have sent a private message here on this platform. -Dolores

0 Likes
cb3816

@vzw_customer_support Please contact me as well. I'm going through the exact same situation, have spoken with NINE customer service representatives, and no one will allow me to speak with the escalation department. Please, I am desperate at this point!

0 Likes
Slothlife
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same exact situation happening to me right now. My phone is in Texas at the Verizon warehouse according to Ups and you guys have my package as delivered on my Verizon app and you’re asking for the trade in when I haven’t even gotten the phone. I’m really stressed out and nobody at Verizon is helping.

DV65
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been back and forth since December 2021 with the exact same thing.  I've returned the phone and today I was informed that I cannot receive credit for the return.  The rep should have advised me to not to return the phone.  So now I am paying for a $1100+ for phone I used not even a week, in addition to the monthly payments for the phone I currently use.  I've been on the phone for three hours this morning.  It's like I'm just throwing away $1000.00, and they don't even care.  Seeking help.

0 Likes
kica1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same exact thing happen to me. They left out my unit number. When I caught they did that, I called them and they attempted to contact UPS with a change of address. This did not work. UPS automatically returned to sender (without contacting me at all). The phone was delivered back to the Verizon warehouse in Texas according to UPS tracking on Aug 22. My account still says the phone is being delivered. I've talked to several Verizon agents (I think around 6), and they all told me different things. I'm disappointed because there was a preorder promotion that upgrades your memory to 256 GB for free which now they will not honor because they put in the wrong address and the phone is no longer preorder. One agent even tried to gaslight me by saying this promotion never took place?!!? Even though I clearly have a contract that tells me otherwise. Another blamed it on me saying I put in the wrong address when I remember checking everything.  One agent said I had to wait 4 days until I could reorder my phone. Another said 7-10 days. Another said I could reorder it right now, but then transferred me to another person. Their customer service is obviously a mess and doesn't serve the customer at all. I'm seriously thinking about switching carriers at this point even though I've been a loyal customer for around 15 years. I was so excited to get my phone, but this experience was so unnecessarily frustrating.

0 Likes