Message+ - Not able to generate pin
RJ327

I’ve been using the message+ app for a while now, but about a month ago, I believe after an app update, I was logged out. I still continue to receive push notifications to my phone of all of the sms messages, but can’t open the app to view them. 

Recently I deleted the app completely and reinstalled to try to login again, but keep receiving the message “not able to generate pin. Please try again later sometime.”

I also have message+ on my iPad which is still logged in and seems to be working fine, minus the calling function. I deleted the iPhone profile from message+ via the iPad just in case that was the issue, but still no luck. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message+ - Not able to generate pin
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RJ327, we would be happy to help look into this with you. Can you please send us a Private Note for better assistance?

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
RJ327

Sent a PM back when this reply was posted and still have not heard anything back. So as of today the app still does not work on my iPhone.

There was an app update on August 20th and now I receive a new error message: 

Could not connect to server. Please try again later. 

App is still working fine on my iPad, but pretty inconvenient because I am not walking around with my iPad in my pocket. 

0 Likes
rkottal01

I have the same issue.  My IPad doesn't have a cellular chip so no line of it's own.  Trying to use my IPhone's line.  It used to work fine.  Any solutions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love to see you be able to use the Message+ feature on your tablet. Have you tried removing and reinstalling the app on the tablet? Is "Integrated Messaging " enabled on your Smartphone under the Message+ settings? -Yale

0 Likes
theloanpro
Enthusiast - Level 1

Very annoying that Message+ won't set up on my Fire tablet.  After installation I see "Generating Code" that never completes.  Sometimes I can launch it via the web app on the Fire, same as on my windows laptop...hit or miss.  Works fine on my Moto Z3 phone. Why can't Verizon correct this? Uninstall/reinstall doesn't help.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello theloanpro, thank you for contacting us. We've sent you a private note. Please reply to it to better assist you. 

~Baldo

0 Likes
Bellaswat

Hi. 
I am having the same issue. 
the app got uninstalled and I am not able to generate pin to authorize the app.  
please advise asap. Thank you 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Bellaswat. We want to make sure you get the help you need with the PIN issue on your Messages+ app. We have sent you a Private Note to assist you further. 

*Cassie

0 Likes
trdennis

I am having the same issue on my fire tablet. Any thoughts?

0 Likes