Missing Texts in Group on iPhone 12 Pro
hshimes
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since activating my 12 Pro, texts are missing in groups. The conversation doesn't make sense, or someone answers a question I never received. Is anyone else experiencing this? I upgraded from a 7 Plus and was not having any issues.

Labels (1)
Re: Missing Texts in Group on iPhone 12 Pro
CaptainDirtyBeard
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue. I just switched from the XS to the 12 Pro and texts in group messages are randomly not showing up. It seems to be hit or miss. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is for your messages to work perfectly for you. Is this only happening with group messages?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
jpellegrino89
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here, my wife had the same issue as well on her phone. She happened to fix it *for now* by deleting those groups but that hasn't worked for me. I tried everything under the sun and Verizon is now telling me I have to send it in for diagnostics and they will give me a replacement phone while they check it. Doesn't make any sense at all when everything else is working fine. 

wdavis347

Same problem here. Only seems to be happening with group messages on my new iPhone 12 Pro.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is not the type of experience we want you to have with you new iPhone 12 Pro, CaptainDirtyBeard. Allow us to gather more information to be on the same page. Are you only experiencing this particular issue with group messages? How's everything with your calls, data and regular texts?

VictorC_VZW

CaptainDirtyBeard
Enthusiast - Level 2

This appears to only be an issue with group texts. Phone calls, iMessage, and texts with a single person appear to be fine.

I’ve done some troubleshooting to try and fix the issue as well. I performed a hard reset, removed the SIM card and put it back in, reset my network settings, and gone through the messages settings to turn MMS off and back on. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to get that working. Do you have cellular data turned off? With it off, MMS and group texts will not work correctly.

-NoahS_VZW

0 Likes
CaptainDirtyBeard
Enthusiast - Level 2

Data is not turned off. I also tried switching from 5G to LTE to see if that was the issue, but no luck.

I’ve been following some forums and someone posted that installing the message+ app got it working for them. When I installed it, all my missing texts were present in that app. At the very least, this appears to be a workaround to receive group texts. I haven’t been able to confirm this fixes the issue in the native messages app.

Based on everything I read, it may either be a bug with the messages app in iOS 14.1 or related to integrated messaging being disabled. Lots of people reporting the issue from t-mobile and at&t as well, so I suspect it’s iOS. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, CaptainDirtyBeard. Since this is related to MMS, do picture messages to a single person work fine?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes