Need to restart iPhone for cellular data to work after leaving WiFi
FQ1116
Enthusiast - Level 1

To be fair, this issue was happening with my iPhone X also for the last 2 years. Every single time I leave a working Wifi connection (home or work), I can't use Safari, Google, Chrome, etc.  Oddly enough, Waze and other apps work (some don't), can make phone calls with no problems.  However the only way to get a web search to work is restarting my iPhone, though at times I can toggle cellular off/back on to do the trick.  But why should there need to be a trick, it should just work and turning your phone on and off each time you leave WiFi is just simply aggravating... lol. Ugh! (2 years worth of pain resurfacing there) 🙂

I've reset network settings more times than I can remember over the 2 years...no dice!  Any help, ideas would be appreciated as this has gone on long enough.  Peace!  - Fredy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Need to restart iPhone for cellular data to work after leaving WiFi
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@FQ1116 wrote:

To be fair, this issue was happening with my iPhone X also for the last 2 years. Every single time I leave a working Wifi connection (home or work), I can't use Safari, Google, Chrome, etc.  Oddly enough, Waze and other apps work (some don't), can make phone calls with no problems.  However the only way to get a web search to work is restarting my iPhone, though at times I can toggle cellular off/back on to do the trick.  But why should there need to be a trick, it should just work and turning your phone on and off each time you leave WiFi is just simply aggravating... lol. Ugh! (2 years worth of pain resurfacing there) 🙂

I've reset network settings more times than I can remember over the 2 years...no dice!  Any help, ideas would be appreciated as this has gone on long enough.  Peace!  - Fredy

What about toggling the Airplane Mode to see if that activates the cellular?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Re: Need to restart iPhone for cellular data to work after leaving WiFi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Restarting your phone when leaving WiFi at home or work is not ideal. Let's gather some information, and make sure we're on the same page. Tell me, what happens if you turn off WiFi when you're not connected? Are both your home and work WiFi connections password-protected? Do you ever use open WiFi, and if so, does the same thing happen?

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes