Not Receiving SMS/MMS but can send
GregHorak
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I just got my iPhone 12 Pro Max yesterday in the mail. I added a new line to my account for this phone. I can send SMS/MMS to any phone no problem. But I am not receiving texts. For iMessage, I can send and receive messages fine. But SMS/MMS I am not receiving anything. Here's the part that confuses me, I've already gotten a new 5G sim card from Verizon and that did not correct the issue. But when I place my other sim card for my other line with Verizon, I can send and receive SMS just fine. So I feel like it's something to do with my new phone line I added. The store referred me to tier 2 tech support, but they referred me to Apple. And Apple refers me back to Verizon. How can I verify my phone number is activated correctly?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not Receiving SMS/MMS but can send
GregHorak
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem has been resolved!! After spending hours with tech support, I was able to finally get a hold of somebody (tier 2) Cheryl Jane who was amazing help and heard me through. She was able to fix it in minutes!!! This is after I spent 5+ hours with tech support before this! So this lady is an all star!!

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
GregHorak
Enthusiast - Level 2

On Verizon website I've noticed a few things that are off with my new number. First is the name. Both 760 lines show my name correctly. But the new 858 line has my name spelt incorrectly. Check out below.

IMG_20201118_213141~2.jpg

Then when under manage device, it shows that my line is "Not Registered". My only thing is I cannot register my line because when trying to do it on the Verizon app or website, it needs to text me a code. Well I don't receive the texts. 

Screenshot_20201118-143830~2.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to receive all of your text messages. We are very eager to get to the bottom of this! We will be sending you a Private Message, so we can further assist you. MoniqueH_VZW

0 Likes
GregHorak
Enthusiast - Level 2

One more thing to note. I swapped SIM cards in both of my phones. So I placed the iPhone SIM in my Pixel 3 XL, and my Pixel SIM in the iPhone 12 pro max. With my Pixel SIM in the iPhone, everything worked fine. So the iPhone works with the other SIM. And the iPhone SIM that I switched to the Pixel wouldn't receive any SMS or MMS just like how it wouldn't when in the iPhone 12 Pro Max.

So the iPhone is not the problem, but the line is. Does anyone know if there's a way I can register and verify the phone myself, or which department would be the best to contact?

GregHorak
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem has been resolved!! After spending hours with tech support, I was able to finally get a hold of somebody (tier 2) Cheryl Jane who was amazing help and heard me through. She was able to fix it in minutes!!! This is after I spent 5+ hours with tech support before this! So this lady is an all star!!

Tags (1)
Krofmd
Enthusiast - Level 1

What did she do to fix the problem? I have a similar problem. Thanks 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know having everything well managed on the account is important, and we can certainly help with getting things sorted. Please send us a Private Message to go over the account. 

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, GregHorak. We want to make sure you get the assistance you need. To clarify, did you swap SIM Cards from your old device to your current device? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Krofmd, we understand the importance of ensuring you are able to send and receive text messages at all times. When did you start experiencing difficulties with being able to receive text messages? What make and model phone are you using? 

0 Likes
bigtunajake
Enthusiast - Level 1

@GregHorak What did she do to fix it? I'm having the exact same issue