Re: Not Receiving SMS/MMS but can send
GregHorak
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well she never told me what they did to fix it. But I diagnosed it with my other phone line. And when I called them, I told them straight up it's a Verizon issue, not the iPhone. Nor is it something with Apple. So she looked into it, and fixed it in like 3 minutes. This is AFTER I spent at least 8-10 hours with other tech support on the chat, phone, and messenger. If you have the exact issue, I should see if I can find the techs name who helped me and you should ask for her. She was super helpful.

0 Likes
GregHorak
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have two phone lines on my account. So I took my sim card from my other phone line and put it in the iPhone with the second line I have. And it worked just fine. So it showed me it was something to do with Verizon and my new phone line. But yes I was able to have my problem resolved. I may call back and see if I can learn what the fix was so I can share it with the community. 

NFeds
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband’s iPhone 12 is having a similar issue. He can send texts, but seems to only be receiving texts from other iPhones - not from androids or others.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NFeds, we are here to help get his phone working correctly! We need to confirm that the phone was fully activated. Please ensure he is not connected to Wi-Fi and and have him call #832. You should hear " Your test call has been successful" . 

ScottD_VZW

0 Likes
tippytoe
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I don't know if I had the exact same issue as the person with the iPhone 12 Pro before me, but I was having the same symptoms and in speaking with Tier 2, I was told to remove and wipe down my SIM card and at the same time while the phone was off, they "reestablished the network connection to my phone."  That seemed to do the trick.  I was told only Tier 2 can reestablish the network connection.  It was well worth the time on the phone (30 minutes for me).

niko79

Having same issue. Swapped SIM card just now, and nothing is working (International text messaging). Tier 2 told me otherwise. Please help! 

0 Likes
jhutsko

I am having the same issue - except it is only happening with one of my contacts - and she is my best friend.  She does not have an iPhone (I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max), but I cannot get her messages.  I get other non-iPhone messages, but cannot get hers.  What the heck is wrong?

0 Likes
GregoryHorak

Well this was my original post. Guess I made a new account on accident. I tried to call back and inquire but they never could tell me what was wrong. It was something on the network side though with Verizon. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing such detailed information. Being able to receive texts sent to your mobile number is very important, especially from your best friend. We apologize that you're not receiving text messages to your mobile number from your friend's phone number. Let's work together to get this resolved. How long has this been happening? Have there been any recent changes with your device? (e.g., software update, new apps downloaded, etc.) Is she able to receive text messages sent from your mobile number? - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
Benr42

I have the same issue on another phone, but phone support and in store person were very unwilling to look into the issue at all. So I guess I just can't get texts anymore

0 Likes