Painful Transition
mravi

We wanted to switch from T-Mobile to Verizon from family plan of three lines to Verizon at same time. I was very much clear that all lines to be switched on the same day. We selected 2 iphone pro one blue and one gold with 800$ off and BYOD of our existing Iphone XR. After discussions in chat it was decided that I need to pay around 200+ a month which is 70$ more than T-mobile but was fine. There were 2 orders created instead of single order without even letting me know by the agent. I got bill for BYOD device and called them how can I get a bill without even moving to Verizon and even not having a SIM of verizon shipped. Your BYOD phone is ported for single line and I was told there is no need of SIM as T-mobile sim will work. Our BYOD device is still with T-Mobile and the agent says it is with Verizon. After much discussion and moving departments it was told that I cannot merge accounts till one month is over which is January 2nd and I was told that don't worry about the bill. We were constantly getting calls that bill is not paid. One of my device which is supposed to shipped on 24th arrived early and I got the bill without even using the device. I called again and I was told that I need to pay the bill as I got the device and activated with same number whereas I was using my old T-Mobile phone. After much discussion as I was told I have to pay, I asked is it possible to port all the old devices and we can wait till the other phone comes. I bought 2 sims for 40$ as they can't ship but I need to pay the bill. I bought the SIMS at their advice loosing money and they found that that they cannot port as order is pending and another is on fraud hold which was not true. Waste of SIMS and money. After further discussions I was told to ignore the bills and all devices will be ported only after I get 2nd phone. I called on January 4th when my device is arriving to merge accounts and port and found that my BYOD device account was cancelled and I am one line for 2 hours. I would request the management to please take a look at my case and make sure that transitions are smooth. If I remove one line from T-mobile I have to pay extra in T-Mobile and Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Painful Transition
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are concerned to hear you are having issues with porting into Verizon Wireless. We want to make sure you get the support you need. To clarify, you currently have 2 active accounts with Verizon Wireless?

-Joshua

0 Likes
Re: Painful Transition
mravi

Hello Joshua, There were 2 accounts before and it seems BYOD device account was cancelled on 30th and they were not able to get that account back. Now I am on call with music for 2 1/2 hours to start the process again. I know these are teething issues and will be rectified. 

PS: I was never able to get into second account.

Thanks.

0 Likes