Poor coverage in NOLA
cj6269

I live in New Orleans and since Hurricane Ida hit, I have poor cellular service at my home (inside and outside) and in the immediate neighborhood around my home (ZIP 70122).  I get a max of one to two bars of service but as I drive to work in the mornings (work is only 12 mi away) my bars of service go up to the max of 4 and I'm typically getting 4 bars and 5G coverage at my office.  This has only happened since the hurricane (8/29/21).  I have contacted support several times but I'm typically put on hold and have basically gotten no resolution.  It seems that while there may be technically no "outage" in the area, I think there still must be some work being done on damaged towers b/c this did not happen pre-storm.  

Oh, and I have tried all the steps that Apple has suggested to determine that it's not a hardware issue: rebooted phone, toggled Airplane mode on and off, reset network settings, and even removed my SIM card and inserted it in another phone - that phone then had the same issues with 1/2 bars of cell service.  

If I could at least get some confirmation from Verizon that repair work is still being done in the area and their services is NOT at 100%, that would be some comfort b/c at this point, I'm not sure what to do.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor coverage in NOLA
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cj6269, we always want you to have the best possible service! Our specific network expansions, plans, locations, and timetables are considered proprietary and confidential; therefore, we do not have any exact details for tower enhancements. -Tionna

0 Likes
cj6269

I get that that's proprietary information, when it relates to your plans and expansions, but if you have towers that were damaged that are creating service issues/problems for your customers, you should be able to give out that information.  At least so folks in the area know that the issue is being addressed by you.  That's just plain good customer service information.

I've been a Verizon customer for years, but if I can't at least get some basic info as to what's up in Zip 70122, me and my family may have to look at other options.  

Plus, this issue is clearly related to the recent hurricane, b/c I had great service before 8/29/21.  Please advise as to what's going on.  Even it's some general info - I don't need an exact date for restoration - just some confirmation that Verizon is still having issues post-storm

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a long-time and valued customer, your service concerns are our concerns too. Noting your reference to your calling area in the 70122 zip code, we'd be more than glad to work with you herre. We certainly don't want to lose you and we'd like to continue being your family's wireless service provider for many more years to come. Let's work together!

Can you tell us more about the service issues you're experiencing in your area? (e.g., calls, text, web browsing, etc.) Is this happening while you're indoors, outdoors, or both?-Robert C.

0 Likes
cj6269

So it’s only calls….basically when I get within a few miles of my home, I only get a max of one to two bars. When on calls, be it inside or outside my home or in my car as I get in my neighborhood, the calls cut in and out - I can’t hear the person on the other end of the call and they can’t hear me during our phone call. Sometimes I get “call failed” when making calls (then I’ll look and I either have zero or one bar).  Another interesting thing is that when I’m up early, say 5 or 6 am, I’ll sometimes have a full four bars. It’s almost like once more people are awake and access the Verizon cell towers in the area, Verizon can’t handle the activity. Again, this only started happening post-storm, which hit on 8/29.  NEVER had issues before and don’t have them anywhere other than in the neighborhood around my home (70122 zip). 4 bars and 5G when I get to my office which is only 12 miles away. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that. We want to get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Message to continue. *Rebecca

0 Likes