REBATE FOR SWITCHING? THINK AGAIN!
BF81
Enthusiast - Level 3

After 10 different reps tried to "assist" me, I was told that my rebate would be escalated right away and it would reflect on my account in 1-2 bill cycles. After 2 months, nothing. I followed up, was told again that it was being escalated and that only a few days would pass before I saw the credit. Again nothing....The last rep I just spoke with said they didn't see any escalation tickets and that my rebate expired in March. 

I switched to Verizon for the rebate, I was under the impression that they were the best. I have NEVER had the amount of runaround, miscommunication, and lack of follow through from any office in any industry ever. This is the most absurd process I have ever gone through. At this point I am likely going to cancel my contract, pay the fee, and go back to AT&T. This has be insanely eye opening. The other comments on here are all echoing the same thing, so it seems like Verizon doesn't care about customers, just their own bottom line.

Labels (1)
4 Solutions

Correct answers
Re: REBATE FOR SWITCHING? THINK AGAIN!
Doggo
Contributor - Level 3

@BF81 wrote:

After 10 different reps tried to "assist" me, I was told that my rebate would be escalated right away and it would reflect on my account in 1-2 bill cycles. After 2 months, nothing. I followed up, was told again that it was being escalated and that only a few days would pass before I saw the credit. Again nothing....The last rep I just spoke with said they didn't see any escalation tickets and that my rebate expired in March. 

I switched to Verizon for the rebate, I was under the impression that they were the best. I have NEVER had the amount of runaround, miscommunication, and lack of follow through from any office in any industry ever. This is the most absurd process I have ever gone through. At this point I am likely going to cancel my contract, pay the fee, and go back to AT&T. This has be insanely eye opening. The other comments on here are all echoing the same thing, so it seems like Verizon doesn't care about customers, just their own bottom line.

You would laugh if I told you internally they claimed to be "customer obsessed". Or that during this pandemic, regular CSR was pushed to upsell like they were sales reps more than any time in Verizon's history. 

View solution in original post

BF81
Enthusiast - Level 3

Evelyn, I am not sure what other details you need from me. I have detailed everything pretty clearly in my posts, as well in my private conversations with customer reps for Verizon. The short version is that I switched services under the guise that I would receive a $250 rebate. Every rep I spoke with also said that was the case. I was repeatedly told that I would see the rebate reflected in 1-2 billing cycles. A couple of other times I was told it would be reflected in a couple of days. I was told that I would be receiving emails to verify this. I was told my claim was being escalated. I was TOLD several things, but never say a single action.

Then I had a rep contact me on Community, named Kerry. He advised me to reduce my bill by removing my protection plan. Really? Nope, not doing that. Then he offered me a $50 reduction on my bill.....nope, not doing that either. I want what I was promised by Verizon, and at this point I want it immediately. If I had known that I was going to be treated this way, I would NEVER have switched. This has been ongoing for the past several months, and I have never received any sort of resolution. I work for a living, so this constant waste of time doesn't do my attitude any favors.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for these details. It is never our intention to waste your time. Every question asked will only be done so with the intent of assisting you. In that regard, please tell us, were you ever given a reason as to why the rebate never came in or were you ever told that you did not qualify for any reason?

*Robert

0 Likes
BF81
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been responding to your private messages....I've left 10, you all just keep telling me to confirm with my name.... then you don't reply.... over and over and over. How are you planning on helping me when I can't even get past the name confirmation stage? I mean, can't you just look at the endless messages and follow ups I've made? 

BF81
Enthusiast - Level 3

over two weeks since i left this review.... zero response from verizon.

Doggo
Contributor - Level 3

@BF81 wrote:

You would laugh if I told you internally they claimed to be "customer obsessed". Or that during this pandemic, regular CSR was pushed to upsell like they were sales reps more than any time in Verizon's history. 

BF81
Enthusiast - Level 3

They finally responded today, told me that the rebate is no longer applicable.... well, duh, you all never gave it to me. They responded by offering to help lower my monthly bill by removing my protection plan. Yep, you read that right. 

The guy then had me wait while he "figured something out" for 25 minutes, and then offers me $50. What in the actual f***? Sorry, nope, not taking that. I am owed this promo, and I am not going to settle for $50. What about the time I have had to spend back and forth with their dogsh*t customer service? I've contacted Verizon more in the past few months than I have any cellular service...ever....in my life.

This is an ongoing conversation, I'll continue to have fun with the updates.

0 Likes
BF81
Enthusiast - Level 3

After over 1 hour, I received a total of 10 responses from my service rep..... they never offered any apology, they certainly didn't give me my rebate, but just offered a partial rebate. I refuse to take less than what is owed, especially from a billion dollar company. 

I will never speak a good word about Verizon. I will encourage anyone looking for a cell service to look anywhere other than Verizon. I'm going to pay off my phone and cancel. They should be ashamed of themselves.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to continue working with you. Please send us another Private Message to proceed.

*Kerry

0 Likes
BF81
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm tired of waiting on hold for 20 minutes at a time without you saying anything.... The private message chat did nothing to resolve this, it just dragged out with a bunch of ridiculous counter offers.

0 Likes
vernf143
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have never had a rebate from Verizon but my daughter explicitly asked for a new iPhone 10 they gave her either X or 11 not what she asked to look at!  They have some good people but they are few and far between!  I think we will be switching soon!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your time is precious, and I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having. Please tell me more about what's going on? Share details. We want to help. 
-Evelyn

0 Likes
BF81
Enthusiast - Level 3

Evelyn, I am not sure what other details you need from me. I have detailed everything pretty clearly in my posts, as well in my private conversations with customer reps for Verizon. The short version is that I switched services under the guise that I would receive a $250 rebate. Every rep I spoke with also said that was the case. I was repeatedly told that I would see the rebate reflected in 1-2 billing cycles. A couple of other times I was told it would be reflected in a couple of days. I was told that I would be receiving emails to verify this. I was told my claim was being escalated. I was TOLD several things, but never say a single action.

Then I had a rep contact me on Community, named Kerry. He advised me to reduce my bill by removing my protection plan. Really? Nope, not doing that. Then he offered me a $50 reduction on my bill.....nope, not doing that either. I want what I was promised by Verizon, and at this point I want it immediately. If I had known that I was going to be treated this way, I would NEVER have switched. This has been ongoing for the past several months, and I have never received any sort of resolution. I work for a living, so this constant waste of time doesn't do my attitude any favors.

0 Likes