Slow data on unlimited Play more plan only in locations where I have WiFi
sifi

I switched to Unlimited Play plan and now the data is really slow (under 1 Mbps) when used in certain locations.  used to work fine in those locations before I switched to this supposedly better plan that includes priority data.  It also seems to mostly affect locations where I do have WiFi but if I switch that off, LTE data is super slow even though I have 3 to 4 bars.  problems was with my iPhone XS and now same issue with new iPhone 12 Pro so its not the phone.  on the phone many, many times with Verizon technical support and been through all the steps of new sim, reset network settings, etc and not help. all the phones in our house on the same plan have the same problem.  Verizon is not offering a fix and the customer service has been nothing short of terrible, half the time I get disconnected when I talk to them and it takes hours to get back to the same point....  They have now finally said they have the network team looking at it but if they cannot fix it then they have no other options.  Its so frustrating as it used to work fine when on a 15GB data plan in all of these locations.....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Slow data on unlimited Play more plan only in locations where I have WiFi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sifi, we understand the importance of having adequate service. In regard to our network team, did they open a ticket for the problems you are facing?

-Joshua

0 Likes