Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Someone else is receiving my calls….
crozb

For the last two weeks a man has been sporadically receiving my calls. I can still see the call in my log but it says “answered on other device”. I have reached out to Verizon three times.

The first time they disabled call forwarding (which I didn’t even know was on why would I ever use that?)

The second time they turned off conditional call forwarding. When I asked what that was the agent in chat said “to trick people into answering”.

The third time, they gave zero options except for receiving a new number. I do NOT want a new number and should not have to get one because of Verizon’s issues.

This is clearly an issue for others as well as there is at least one other thread about this. I have also tried *73 and *920.

I have put in multiple hours trying to resolve this and am very frustrated. 

0 Likes
Re: Someone else is receiving my calls….
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I am sorry to hear about the frustration with someone else receives your call on the sporadic basis and about the trouble you're having with the steps being given and that seemingly do not help the situation, Crozb. I noticed you mentioned you tried to do some things on your own to no avail. Let's look further into this issue and see what's going on. When you're making a call, does it go to the number you specified or to a number that it might forward to the unwanted number? Are you using your contact list to complete a call and then learn it is going to the unwanted number? This information can help us isolate the issue and try to narrow it down beyond what was attempted. 

-Ed

0 Likes
crozb

Ed -

no - when people to try to call me it goes to someone else. I can see the call on my call log and it looks as if I have answers it but it says “answered on other device”

I have reached out to Verizon three times already as stated above. What solution are you offering?

This is clearly a large issue for you all as I have seen many other forums regarding the same exact issue.

was there a data leak that Verizon is not telling anyone about? Something had to have happened for this many people to be affected.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

crozb, I definitely understand the concern that calls are seemingly being answered by another device. Let's get your account pulled up, so we can get some details. Please respond to the Private Note. 

*Joshua

0 Likes