Teachers Discount
paesani1

If you are a teacher looking to get the so called teacher's discount that Verizon so badly want to give the people that serve don't bother.  I've been trying for six months waited my one to two billing cycles did EVERYTHING I needed to do on my end to receive this discount (id.me, GOT MY discount VALIDATED) and they still refused to give me my teachers discount.  The final straw was a few days ago when I was checking again like I did ever month to see why it wasn't applied to my bill yet and I was told after TWO hours of being on the phone and being switch back and fourth to absolutely everyone that my unlimited plan was not the "right unlimited plan".  I literally had to argue with everyone I spoke that in huge colored letters on the teachers discount page from Verizon it states " ON ALL OUR UNLIMITED PLANS"! I currently have the go unlimited plan (which is not stated as a plan that doesn't received this discount) which is an UNLIMITED plan.  Once I finally got to a "supervisor" ( who really knows if I did) this is what she told me- Sorry but you don't have the "right unlimited plan" and would not honor me being a teacher or what it clearly states in bold colored letters on the website.  Then after speaking with her and going through various different versions of plans to get the "discount" my bill would have been 25 dollars more.  Verizon needs to take away this webpage or even the discount if they're really not going to honor the ones who serve or do what they say.  I read many other posts from teachers stated a lot of the same and the many hoops you have to jump through to try to get this teachers discount.  It shouldn't be this hard or denied if you did everything asked.  It's very disheartening after these past couple years going through what we went through as teachers during this pandemic and them throwing out a discount for us which we can so badly use and not giving it to us.  Verizon just put it up to look good not actually help teachers.  Will 25 dollars a month really hurt a multi billion dollar company? It's sad and dishonest.  So if other teachers have or are going through the same hoops please let others like me know.  Thanks! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Teachers Discount
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! We understand that you are experiencing an issue with your service. Please send a Private message for immediate assistance.

*Kayshawna

0 Likes
paesani1

I'm very upset and frustrated that being a Verizon costumer and a teacher for nearly 20 years that I'm being denied the teachers discount after being validated and approved for it because i supposedly have the "wrong unlimited plan".  When it clearly states on the teachers discount page in big colored letters that you can receive the discount "on all unlimited plans".  That's very deceitful and clearly a lie.    I spent countless hours on the phone and months waiting for something that I was never going to get and something i clearly deserve.  It's very disheartening that you'd treat your costumers this way and the ones who serve.  

0 Likes
paesani1

I have received no resolution to my issue with me not receiving my discount. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We recommend the Start Unlimited plan. The reasons why are as follows:
It qualifies for the Teachers Discount.

In June we added to the Start Unlimited plan mobile hot spot. This is better than the mobile hotspot for Go Unlimited. The mobile hotspot for Start Unlimited includes 5GB of high speed Mobile hotspot, and then after that speeds are reduced. The Go Unlimited has the reduced speed mobile hotspot. 

When combined with the Auto-pay and paperless bill discount Start Unlimited is lower priced that Go Unlimited. 

https://www.verizon.com/support/start-unlimited-faqs/

https://www.verizon.com/support/go-unlimited-faqs/

-David

0 Likes