Re: Trade In Adjustment
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Quint456-

We certainly want you to get your trade in credit on time. It takes 1-2 billing cycles for a trade in credit to apply on your bill. We can certainly look into your promotion status. Please send us a Private Note to better assist or contact us directly at the following link www.vzw.com/contactus

-Angie

0 Likes
sssxxvb
Enthusiast - Level 2

After finally getting a solution to my Trade-In issue, I was shocked to see that I have an $80 one-time trade in adjustment on my previous bill.  This was never mentioned during my discussions with "Joey" - Verizon CSR.  See below discussion with name and account info removed. I sent a private message from which I never received a response from Verizon.  Therefore, I am again posting in the Verizon Community.

Please credit my account for this $80 or I will be contacting the Attorney General's office and the Better Business Bureau to report this activity.

Thank you for reaching out to the Verizon Social Media Team! We appreciate your patience while we connect you with your representative, who will reply in this window. Please confirm your full name and the phone number associated with your account below.

10:21 PM

Thank you for account access! Please confirm your first & last name as it appears on the account. -Joey

10:26 PM

Thanks! Please allow me a few minutes for a review. I will be back with you momentarily. -Joey

10:29 PM

Your patience is greatly appreciated,  & I have good news. Your trade-in credit was successfully added 8/27. There are 5 backdated credits showing($24.31, $24.16, $24.16, $24.16, & $24.16) that will show on your next bill when generated. Everything is in place. Our apologies for prior inconveniences. Please let us know if you have further inquiries. -Joey

10:38 PM

How much is the total credit for the trade in?

10:40 PM

The total credit for the trade-in is $579.99. This will be dispersed over 24 months until completed. -Joey

10:44 PM

Ok. Thank you for the assistance in resolving this matter, it’s just disappointing that it took this long and numerous contacts for the trade in to be applied. But thank you again for the help.

10:47 PM

You're more than welcome. I'm glad this was finally resolved but I'm terribly sorry in the time-frame in which it took. Your voice is important to us, so I'll lift the feedback up, don't worry there. If you need us again, please don't hesitate to reach back out. Thanks for being the best part of Verizon, have a great night! -Joey

10:49 PM

0 Likes
Frustrated2022
Enthusiast - Level 2

I NOW see a $100 trade in adjustment on my current bill for one phone and $55 for another.

BACKSTORY - we received 2 new Iphones 12’s for a Christmas present in 2020, OVER A YEAR AGO. We were told each phone would receive a $750 trade in credit that would be applied to our bill over 24 months. We were also told it could take a few  billing cycles to see the credits. We kept waiting - NO credits. So in May of 2021 I called the “partner” Verizon store we purchased the phones from and was told it would be taken care of but had to get approval. July 2021 still NO CREDITS. Called the store again. Told same story - two months later STILL NO CREDITS. Called store again several times and left messages  - no call back or response. Called Verizon in Nov 8, 2021. Rep said the issue was elevated to management team, corporate would call me and store would receive receive a formal complaint. Never heard from Verizon.  
Called Verizon AGAIN Nov 21, 2021 and was told a credit of 366.63 per phone would be applied to next bill. NEVER HAPPENED. 
Called Verizon AGAIN ON 1/7/22 and told the agent I’m not hanging up until this is corrected. You’ve  had our old phones for OVER A YEAR and we never received our trade in credit. Agent said a credit of $437.50 per line would be applied for pro-rated credits. NOW OUR BILL has some credits AND these trade in adjustment CHARGES. Mind you I was on the phone on my last call for almost 3 hours. 
BOTTOM LINE - we should receive $750 for each phone and SHOULD NOT BE CHARGED THIS FEE. I’m SO FRUSTRATED! We’ve been customers for at least 15 years, traded in phones multiple times and have never had this mess! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are so sad to learn of your experience with the trade-in process and promotions, Frustrated2022. We always want all of our customers to get any promotion they qualify for you. 

We sent you a Private Message, please only respond to that going forward, we do want to help.

-Steven

0 Likes
Remusears

In August I traded in my phone XR for a 13. I was told nothing about paying a trade-in adjustment. My bill this month has an additional $118 charge for a trade in adjustment. Some way to get more money from a long time customer 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Remusears! My name is Salma, and I am your customer service expert, ready to help! I hope you are enjoying the holidays.
Did you send us your trade in device?

>Salma

0 Likes