Trade In Issue
Dreilly53
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been on this “Verizon Community” since June 21st. So far there is no resolution that I sent in an apple XR as a trade in for the Apple Pro Max. I’ve sent in my submission ID, my zip code and have received several “requests” for information. I’ve been told that there is a solution, but no one will take it any further. ( I’ve received replies from at least 4 customer service reps) How can I get someone to actually help me and follow up?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trade In Issue
Doggo
Contributor - Level 3

A submission ID is confirmation they have your phone.

If this was for monthly credits, those take 1 - 2 billing cycles to show as reoccurring credits.

0 Likes
Dreilly53
Enthusiast - Level 3

After they received my phone (which had one hairline crack) I was told I didn’t qualify for a trade in because I hadn’t added a line. And they just kept my phone. No one with any sense would mail a phone knowing it was worth ZERO dollars. 
Never during the return process did it say your phone does not qualify for a trade in credit. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting in on a great trade-in promotion is awesome. I'm sorry to learn about what happened in your previous contacts with us. We're here to help you with it, and find out the specifics of what happened. Tell me, what were you advised about your trade-in device? Have you checked your trade-in status, using your Submission ID, at the trade in webpage? Click here to get there, then enter your Submission ID: http://spr.ly/6606ypFws

0 Likes
Dreilly53
Enthusiast - Level 3

Submission ID#257806850942431
was done online when I ordered my new phone. Answered all questions about the trade in actually. There was a hairline crack in the screen. At NO time was I told that this did nothing qualify as a trade in. As a matter of fact I was shown a $579.99 trade in value. After sending phone back wax told I would get ZERO for trade. Why would anyone send a phone back for zero benefits??  Now Verizon won’t help a 20+ year customer. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry for any trouble with the trade-in process, Dreilly53. We know it's never a good experience when your expectation isn't met. During the trade-in process, there are two questions about if the phone has a cracked screen. To make sure we're on the same page with what your complaint is about, you answered both of those that the screen was cracked? Occasionally, there are promotions where a damaged device can be accepted, was this the type of promotion you were applying for?

0 Likes
Dreilly53
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes. This is what I was applying for. I answered all questions honestly and was never told my phone did not apply to this trade in offer 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dreilly53, we value your time, and loyalty. We want to help you get this situation resolved. Please reply to our private note to better assist you.  ~Aaron

0 Likes