Trade in issue
Dreilly53
Enthusiast - Level 3

On April 22, 2020 I upgraded from an iPhone XR to the iPhone 12 ProMax with the “First time ever, trade in your cracked or water damaged phone and get up to $1,000 off”

I upgraded online with a curbside pickup. Online I answered ALL questions and checked boxes saying phone had a cracked screen (only one small crack) and that I wanted to keep my current plan. 

I received an email with my device submission ID with an estimated trade in credit of $579.99. I did not hide the fact that the screen was cracked or that I was keeping my current plan. 

I’m now told that I don’t qualify for a trade in credit because I don’t meet the “requirements”. At no time while I was filling out forms online did Verizon say my phone was worth ZERO dollars because of non met “requirements”  

Who would return a phone knowing you will get ZERO benefits?  Not me!!

I feel I was scammed by Verizon and being a 20+ year customer no one cares.  
Last week a customer service phone rep told me she “understood my problem” and would redo my submission so I would at least get $440 credit. Today I’m told that rep was wrong and no credit is being applied. 

After reading several community blogs, I see I’m not the only person with this problem.  

Verizon……do the right thing and either send me my phone back or give me a credit.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trade in issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Dreilly53

It's great to know that you had seen our trade-in promotion that we had started in April, but what exactly were these requirements that you did not meet? I ask because the promotion itself is very clear that damaged devices were accepted, so the crack on your iPhone's screen would not have been a factor. The "up to $1000 off" that you mentioned was for new lines, which also included stacking other promotions to reach that amount, so upgrading a line would have provided up to $440 as a trade value, although you would get the higher trade value if your phone had a higher normal value - the $579.99 that you noted. You also mention that you were keeping your current plan when upgrading, so what is the name of that data plan you kept exactly? I ask because there was a premium unlimited data plan requirement (anything higher than Start Unlimited). With over 45 days having already passed since your trade, the submission deadline has already ended, but what exactly did you see when you were checking your Submission ID that says you are not receiving any trade value at all?

0 Likes
Dreilly53
Enthusiast - Level 3

The plan I currently have is the “Unlimited 55+ Loyalty”.

I am now told that I had to add a new line or have a “Premium” plan to get the “cracked screen” offer.

Submission date April 22, 2021……submission ID 257806850942431 says original appraisal $24.17 per month for 30 months…..est. appraisal $$579.99…..May 18th…..now it says final trade-in value $0.00

When questioning this since May, I’ve been told….”we can’t find your phone”….”we’ve received your device…your credit will be within 1-2 billing cycles”…..”I see that we have received your device, but it seems like it’s taking a while”….”you have nothing to worry about at all. Everything is processed accordingly”….” You don’t qualify for a credit”…”we can redo your submission so you will receive $440”….you don’t qualify for a credit. 

Needless to say, this has been a very frustrating experience.  As a senior citizen on a budget and an over 20 year Verizon customer, why would I send a phone to you when I don’t expect a credit?  No where while filling out online forms was I told I “didn’t qualify” for a credit. 

Please help me rectify this return. Either issue a credit or return my phone. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those added details. I think I can see at least part of the issue right off. The damaged trade in promotion didn't start until the week after the upgrade was done, but that is something we can fix with a promotion correction form. I will send a Private Note here, so we can go over the details.

-NoahS_VZW

0 Likes
Dreilly53
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for any help you can add

0 Likes
Dreilly53
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please try to contact me again about this issue. Thanks for your help. 

0 Likes
Dreilly53
Enthusiast - Level 3

Noah

still waiting for your help

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello

Thanks for getting back to us. We have sent you a private note, to continue. 

0 Likes
Dreilly53
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello….

can you still help me with this trade in issue?

submission ID 257806850942431

zip 33026

i keep getting messages but no solutions. 

0 Likes
Dreilly53
Enthusiast - Level 3

I’ve replied to private messages, but then no one responds