Re: Unable to activate iPhone 12
jolieactually

I just waited for 1 hour and 20 minutes to try to talk to someone to activate my new IPhone 12 pro max with no success. The closest Verizon stores near me are closed today and the earliest I can get a scheduled call back is tomorrow at 1:30 pm PT. What is going on? Help!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jolieactually, a new iPhone is always exciting and we hope that you enjoy it. Keeping you connected is a priority, so we apologize for the activation issues. Our goal is to provide a resolution to prevent a trip to the store. Please check your Private Messages for additional assistance. 

0 Likes
natchot
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here. New iPhone 12 won't activate. It says that Find my iPhone is still on in my old phone but it is definitely NOT still on. "Please contact your carrier" message shows up repeatedly.

0 Likes
rlbrad

Same here, iphone 12 pro with SIM pre-installed will not activate, I install old SIM from Iphone 7 an it works then quits, NO HELP from Verizon. Try to activate online and it gives me an error and says a call a # which goes to automated responses that send me back online, guess I will just switch to another carrier.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to hear that your device activation has not been working for you. Getting a new phone should not be this hard to use. With regard to the activation process please send us a private message to further review your account and activation issue. 

0 Likes
Croghanw

I ordered an iphone 12 Pro through apple and it won't allow me to activate my phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly understand your concern with your new device, Croghanw. What message do you receive when trying to activate?

0 Likes
leighwwest

I know this thread is getting a little old at this point, but just to be clear this issue is still happening. I purchased an iPhone 12 yesterday, brought it home to activate. Everything on the iPhone wouldn't transfer, so I did it manually. After all of this, my husband tells me that he's having to text my iCloud. I realize that the phone is not activated, like I thought it was. It still has not been activated, even after it's been stated by the automated system that it has been. If this doesn't get resolved, I used rewards points in order to purchase this phone, and I still had to pay money up front for the 'upgrade' fee. Also, in my devices on my account it is stating 'congratulations on the new upgrade' but yet, my iPhone XR is still pictured. I have done everything up to this point, restarting the phone, talking to the chat line, and going through the painful process of typing in all of IMEI numbers. Still nothing has activated the iPhone 12.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello leighwwest, We know the importance of ensuring your new iPhone 12 is activated. We're truly sorry to learn that you've gone through troubles trying to get the phone activated. Please send us a Private Note for further assistance. 

0 Likes
ozprof

Same here. I am trying to switch from AT&T to Verizon. I already had my iPhone 12, so I just got a new SIM card. But I get the message "this phone is not activated" and I cannot get through to tech support. Frustrated!

0 Likes