Re: Unable to roam on 4g
stevepaint
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't know why AT&T has coverage in my area when you don't.  I tried your suggestions without success.  I even visited the Verizon store in Clarkston, WA and they said the new iPhone 12 pro will not roam between my town and the Lewiston, ID plus a lot of users they've talked to are upset about this.  I would've not bought this phone had I not done this.  It's time to upgrade your towers en route to other towns especially with this phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you get the assistance you need with your roaming and service concerns, stevepaint. What is the make/model of your device? Please respond to our Private Note, or send us a new Private Note so we can better assist you. 

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
stevepaint
Enthusiast - Level 3

iPhone 12 12 pro max. I lose signal as soon as i leave my Orofino, ID, and don't pick it up until 43 miles later in Lewiston, Id.  My son has the exact same phone only he's on AT&T and he is able to roam just fine.  Yes, I tried switching it to 4G, with the same result.  If you don't update your towers, This will force me to go to AT&T.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us today. To clarify, does this happen every time?*Estevan

0 Likes
stevepaint
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, it's consistently doing this.  I suspect many of your towers have not been upgraded to 5G.  Even when I switched to 4G still no signal, but my son who's on AT&T and has the same phone maintained service almost the whole way.  I'm very disappointed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's further look into this for you and improve your experience with us. Please send us a Private Note.

*Kerry

0 Likes
stevepaint
Enthusiast - Level 3

You've setup the iPhone 12 pro max to where it will not roam.  However on AT&T their phone was able to roam on 3G which is needed in my area.  Had I known this when first subscribing I would have went with them.  When are you going to update your towers?

0 Likes