Verizon BOGO iPhone promotion is a SCAM!
HeatherLZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon’s BOGO deal for the iPhone 12 was a SCAM! I am beyond frustrated with Verizon! As a loyal Verizon customer of twenty years, we decided to upgrade to the unlimited plans and add a line for our daughter to take advantage of the BOGO deal for the iPhone 12 pro max on December 29, 2020. One phone shipped a week later. The other phone remains on “back order” even though multiple Verizon representatives have verified that it is in stock and has been for weeks. I have called Verizon each week and spent at least ten hours on the phone over the course of the month. Each time my call is “escalated” but after an hour or two on the phone the third or fourth representative I am transferred to claims that he can’t find a solution and puts in a “ticket” to the warehouse to figure out why my phone won’t ship and “promises” to call me seven days later. I have NEVER received a promised call back nor any response from the tickets. In fact, I get told that the tickets got closed for no apparent reason. Representatives tell me that they can cancel my order and put in a new order but I won’t get the BOGO deal and just apologize for the idea that I will lose $1100 for Verizon’s “mistake” ... or, as I see it, SCAM! I am at my wits end and ready to take this to the media!

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon BOGO iPhone promotion is a SCAM!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know the importance of getting this resolved once and for all! I apologize for the time it has taken. Please send a Private Note here and we can offer you more personalzied support. 

HeatherLZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is the “user name” for the private message? vzw_customer_support does not come up as a valid user name nor does Customer Support when I tried to PM you at your request. 

HeatherLZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just figured out a way to private message @vzw_customer_support  I look forward to your response and resolution in which we get second iPhone 12 pro max and the BOGO deal that we were promised in December. I promise to update my public post when and if you resolve issue and provide evidence (in the form of the iPhone 12 pro max and the monthly credit over 24 months totaling $1100) that this was merely a negligent mistake and not a scam. I will also note if you provide any compensation for the many many frustrating hours I have had to spend dealing with your “mistake.”

HeatherLZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support 

An agent was helping me over chat and promised to ensure that we get our iPhone 12 pro max as well as our $1100 but I now got this message:

“We're sorry but this session is no longer valid. Please reach back out to us on Social Media to get a new secure conversation link.“

...and the conversation is gone along with all confirmation that the matter is being addressed and fixed! The run around and scam continues!

HeatherLZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I gave Verizon multiple attempts and ample time to make things right but to no avail.  I just received my bill and have no BOGO credits for the iPhone! I was PROMISED that I would not only receive the BOGO credit on this bill but I would also receive TWO back credits for the credits we didn’t receive the past two months! I have corresponded with MANY agents over the course of probably twenty hours or more by now and was assured (several times in writing which I have saved for my records) that my bill would FINALLY be corrected this month. Has everyone lied to me? I am at my wits end and this is my last attempt to work things out civilly with Verizon before I go to the media about how Verizon scams customers with the BOGO deal so that we end up paying for both phones rather than getting one free as promised when we signed up.

CriminaalLawyer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you ever get a resolution. They pulled the same thing on me and I’m getting nowhere. 

Susied7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the same problem! They tried to tell me last month when I called that it had been too long and they could no longer credit my account! Even though I’ve been calling every month since day one, I spend at LEAST 1 1/2 hours on average every single time I call! I’ve offered them evidence, offered to send them my order receipts from the store, emails confirming the order! They never applied theBOGO to my account, even though I have prooof! Their website is not updated to where you can see current payments, charges, and NEVER see what you’re paying in a detailed statement on your devices! I have FIVE devices on my account and I believe they purposely have made it difficult to impossible to see a complete breakdown! After a 1 1/2 hour call today, she kept trying to tell me she sees a credit on my account! Well if that’s so, why can’t I see it, and why hasn’t it at least been deducted from my balance? Because it’s total garbage.

I THINK WE NEED A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a fellow consumer I like taking advantage of any deal that is going to save me money, who doesn't like free stuff, right? Allow us to turn this experience around, please elaborate more so we can be on the same page. What seems to be going on with the BOGO promotion you took advantage of?

VictorC_VZW

CriminaalLawyer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I appreciate your reply VictorC, but this appears to be fairly common practice for Verizon. As you can see here: https://community.verizon.com/t5/iPhone-Pro-12/iPhone-12-bogo-scam/td-p/1204031 you also replied to this person with the same exact issue. 

When we got our iPhone 12 pro max's, there was a promotion that you could buy one iphone 12 pro max and get one free (up to $1000) with a new activation. We moved my wife's line over from AT&T to get this promotion. I got an iPhone 12 pro max 512gb and she got an iphone 12 pro max 256gb (price as 1199.00 so we understood it would only cover the 1000.00 and we would pay 200.00 difference over 24 months, but upon checking the bill credits we were only getting a 13.33 bill credit on her line and when we call in or talk to someone from support, they tell us that they only see we were supposed to get a 400.00 credit, which is most certainly not the case.

I, like most people, pay very close attention to what I am signing up for and the numbers are very different than what was offered and what I agreed to. In truth, we only moved her phone over from at&t because of the free phone promo. Otherwise, we would have just left her phone on our at&t plan where the service is better in our area.