Verizon Up Not Giving Mobile + Home Rewards - Error 8N
mrod305
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I am a longtime Verizon Wireless and Fios customer. Based on my plans I SHOULD be eligibile for $10/mo off ($5/mo Fios + $/mo wireless).  The My Verizon app refuses to accept this!

I downloaded the My Verizon app. I successfully logged on to my wireless account.  I click on Verizon Up.  Then I click on the Mobile + Home Rewards window. 

I see all the information. At the bottom it says "Join Now"

Then it doesn't even process. All I get is "Error: Unable to process your request. Please try again later (Error 8N)"  I am at my wit's end. 

Please tell me how to register for this discount and fix this.  I already uninstalled/reinstalled/hard reset my iPhone SEVERAL times to try this and the app refuses. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Up Not Giving Mobile + Home Rewards - Error 8N
mrod305
Enthusiast - Level 2

A tech on the phone DID give me the answer. Error 8N was occuring on my iPhone 12 because the app was looking for Safari.  I had my default browser set as Chrome. 

By changing the default app back to Safari on iPhone, I was able to get prompted to enter my fios credentials.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mrod305, we understand the importance of taking advantage of your rewards you are entitled to. To clarify, have you setup your My Verizon Fios account yet. Please see the link below for step by step instructions. 

https://www.verizon.com/support/mobile-home-rewards-faqs/

0 Likes
mrod305
Enthusiast - Level 2

A tech on the phone DID give me the answer. Error 8N was occuring on my iPhone 12 because the app was looking for Safari.  I had my default browser set as Chrome. 

By changing the default app back to Safari on iPhone, I was able to get prompted to enter my fios credentials.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are glad to learn the issue was resolved. Please let us know if you have additional questions for us.

0 Likes
Av8238
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am getting the same issue.   I have uninstalled and reinstalled app, i have signed up for both fios and my verizon, and when I try to pair them i get an error saying try again later.   This has been happening since Friday. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Av8238, 

Welcome to Verizon! We know how important it is to be able to sign into both, and start receiving those rewards, and we want to help. What is the make & model of the device you are using to sign up? 

Thanks, 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
sookjink

Samsung Galaxy S6

0 Likes
Miril1255
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is 100% correct. Thanks so much. I've been spending weeks trying to figure out why I couldn't join. But when I stumbled upon your reply, I realized that it might not be working because I have my Safari browser blocked via screen time. I temporarily unblocked it and it worked like a charm. Thanks so much!