Verizon app error on new phone
JulieRain
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cannot use the Verizon app on my new iPhone 12. Why am I getting this error: 

“It looks like your device is not eligible for SMS and you do not have your email-id set up.”

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon app error on new phone
trclac
Enthusiast - Level 1

To all who are still having this issue, I think I found the solution, and it’s incredibly simple.  

After receiving my new iPhone 14 last night, I kept getting the same error mentioned in this thread.  I landed on this forum, in addition to many others.  Nothing I found provided the solution.  But this thread provided enough of a lead so that I was able to figure this out.   

If you try to launch the app and get the error, “It looks like your device is not eligible for SMS and you do not have your email-id set up,” try this:

Go to Settings then click Phone. Scroll down to SMS/Call Reporting, and select it.  I am willing to bet that the check mark is next to “None”.  If so, select “Call Filter”.  Return to the Verizon app and you should be good. 

Hope this helps, as, apparently, people have been on the phone with Verizon tech support for hours with nothing to show for it.  Maybe this simple solution will save you from the madness of this error.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to help, JulieRain! Have you verified that both the app and your phone are fully up to date?

ScottD_VZW

0 Likes
JulieRain
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. I have also deleted the app and reloaded it, changed my password a d reset my entire device. I spent 30 min on the phone with Apple, who said this must be a Verizon issue. I spent an hour with the Verizon tech who ended up opening a trouble shooting ticket. No resolution yet. 
I am able to log into my Verizon on the website. But the Verizon app does not work. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@JulieRain

Thank you for confirming that information. I want to ensure we do everything we can to resolve this Verizon app issue.

Just to ensure we are on the same page, is this the My Verizon mobile app that you're having problems with? Where did you purchase your iPhone? Lastly, how long ago did we submit a troubleshooting ticket for this issue?

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
JulieRain
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. My Verizon mobile app. I bought the iPhone on the Verizon website. Ticket was submitted two days ago 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@JulieRain

Got it! Thanks for clarifying that information. I'm confident that we have done all of the necessary troubleshooting for resolving this My Verizon mobile app error issue for you. Let's allow our IT team 5-7 business days for the ticket to be resolved. We will notify you when the ticket has been resolved with the resolution details. Are you okay with that?

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
214Elizabeth
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, did you get a resolution? I am having the same issue and verizon doesn't know how to fix it.

0 Likes
JulieRain
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately, Verizon didn’t know how to fix mine either. After a couple months the error eventually stopped. I just had to log onto a computer to pay my bill during this time. It was so frustrating. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you are having this issue too, with the My Verizon Mobile app. Let's get this resolved.

When was the last time you were able to successfully use the app? Are you getting any error message?

Please elaborate. -Vanessa

0 Likes
JulieRain
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please see all the info in previous messages. You’ll get your answers there 

0 Likes