Verizon coverage in Wyoming
erichh

What are the requirements for Verizon to increase coverage in rural areas?  I’m a healthcare provider in Wyoming and I take call at a hospital.  My calls are dropped frequently and I’m unable to use my brand new iPhone 12 Pro for anything other than texting using iMessage while I’m the hospital itself.  It’s steadily gotten worse during the last 5 years.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon coverage in Wyoming
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the zip code for the area you having trouble with the signal? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know being able to get reliable service with your new phone is a huge deal, erichh. We'd be glad to help get things working better. How long has this been going on? *Zaak

0 Likes
erichh

0 Likes
erichh

This has been an ongoing problem for a year now but has dramatically worsened over the last 4 months.  I upgraded my phone in July without any improvement.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those details, erichh. The last thing I want is for you to expereince service issues. No worries, I am more than happy to help get to the bottom of things for you. What exactly is happening with your service? Does this issue happen at a particular location or everywhere you go? Is this happening indoors or outside?-Dia

0 Likes
erichh

This happens both indoors and outdoors.  I am frequently unable to send texts and make or receive calls.  Most often this happens in the town of Afton, WY (83110) and up to a 5 mile radius outside of Afton.  My phone shows that I am on the Verizon LTE network and not roaming or extended coverage.  This happens everyday at work inside the hospital which is problematic since I depend on my phone for emergency calls as a healthcare provider.  Some of my coworkers have ditched to a local cell carrier due to this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the helpful information, erichh. No issues have been reported in this area and we certainly want to look into this further. We sent a Private Note so we can continue working on this matter together.  -Gerson

0 Likes
erichh

I have relied several times to your private message and have yet to receive any help from Verizon regarding this issue.  I guess you just wanted me to stop talking about this issue in a public forum?

I have been corresponding with you regarding poor service coverage, dropped calls, and an overall less than satisfactory experience with Verizon. I have explained that I am a healthcare worker, employed by a rural hospital, who depends on cellphone service for emergency calls at work. It has now been brought to my attention that my hospital has reached out to Verizon about this same problem for several years. These attempts by my hospital to find a solution to the poor service coverage has been met by disinterest by Verizon. In fact, my hospital’s request for improved service has been completely ignored. I shouldn’t be surprised. It seems like this is the usual tact taken by large corporations nowadays. People in rural states/areas typically get overlooked and treated as if they aren’t as important as the rest of the country. I don’t expect this message to receive a reply. It will just be added to the long list of complaints to your company that go unanswered and ignored. But for the sake of all the people in my area that need Verizon to do better, I wish you would address it.

0 Likes